• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable Fonts InDesign

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen several press articles where they talk about the new option of Variable Fonts in InDesign. Although I have the latest version, 2020, it does not bring that tool. WHY?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget it, fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you figured it out, but for others with this question in the future, just type in var in the font list to see all of the variable fonts you have installed:

example.gif

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Barb Binder shows, typing "var" in the font find field will find all fonts that use the word "variable" in their name. Unfortunately, there are variable fonts that don't use "var" or "variable" as part of their names. To make matters worse, using the font Filters button is currently of no help either. From what I was told by Dan Rhatigan at Adobe when researching an article I wrote in the Dec 2019 issue of InDesign Magazine, Adobe has yet to fully support variable fonts. Hopefully this will happen sometime in 2020 and be reflected by an update to InDesign's font Filter > Classification or Properties drop-down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines