• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic 12.2 Watermark being incorrectly positioned on Export

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overnight and since installing Lightroom Classic 12.2 watermark is being incorrectly located on export. On preview before export the watermark is correctly positioned and clipped at the top. After export, the watermark has moved significantly vertically and is ruining the image. Everything was fine before running the update. Running LRC on MacBook Air with MacOS Ventura 13.1

ONE04425-Edit.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Setting missing status to investigating.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

We're aware of this. Here are the current workarounds for now.

If you're using a graphic watermark,

• Go to Watermark preset preview window in Edit > Watermarks
  • Check if the boundaries of the graphic watermark are out of the image, as shown below.

SameerK_0-1677068455044.png

• Keep the watermark within the image bounds if it is out of the boundaries. You can also crop the watermark graphic & save it again as a separate preset temporarily.

• Export from Lightroom classic.

Alternatively, you can roll back to Lightroom Cla

Votes

Translate

Translate
41 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll help you figure this out.

Are you using presets for export using a watermark preset? Does this happen with all images?

Share a screenshot of your export settings. Try these steps:

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. Was working perfectly before the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update the watermarks have shifted from their usual location in the exported photos. It appears the vertical inset is no longer being taken into account and so the watermark appears vertically shifted. These watermarks and locations (insets etc) have been worked out from before and have been working flawlessly so far. Please fix this at the earliest since I use this feature with all my exports. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CyberShoggy @CodeTHR33  We're looking for more information on this. 

Send me the following via direct message.

• Go to Help in LrC > System info > copy & paste in a text document. 
  • If you're using any export/watermark presets, send them over and specify if these are graphic or text watermarks. 

Waiting to hear from you. Thanks!

Sameer K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As requested sent you info. @ianr15326494  has shared image in his post which shows the problem EXACTLY. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sameer

Changing the Graphic Processor settings had no effect

Screenshot of Export settings attached

I have created a new preset and it behaves exactly the same. It's in the wrong place on the export compared to the preview in Edit Watermarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem as well. Since the last update, the watermarks have shifted vertically upwards and remain too high even when I try to edit and adjust downwards. Have also tried to create a new watermark by uploading from the original file but with the same result when the image is exported. Am using graphic watermarks. They also do not appear in the same location on the exported file as on the preview as others have already noted. Would appreciate a fix. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the exact same issue! Please fix this bug!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software: Lightroom Classic 12.2

After update to lightroom classic 12.2, my export of images has not been working correctly with regard to it being not able to correctly align the logo. To be specific, the "Inset" .. in my case  vertical inset is not factored when exporting photo. My vertical inset is at -4 thereby aligning the logo image exactly at the bottom right corner. However logo image gets embedded higher up and not at the corner. The logo image editor however shows as if logo image was aligned at inset -4 as I intended. This has been reported by other members too .. at this link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-watermark-being-incorrectly-positione...

I am also attaching photos of 

- my export dialog

- my image editor dialog so that you see that logo image is indeed showing up to be aligned where it is supposed to be

- actual exported image which shows logo aligned incorrectly at a vertical coordinate much higher than the bottom right corner.

Please fix this issue ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here to say "Samesies" - I am having the same issue as well, zero has changed (I wrote my settings down when I created my watermarks) and having the exact same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also reported this bug.. its somewhere below in comments. I actually filed a new bug for it but it was merged into this issue. I am commenting here hoping I hear back from support. I got reply from Sameer about a solution. I could not reply to it as it was a private message and reply to was "noreply@..." email so didn't know how to respond back so respnding here..

The solution suggested by Sameer was to resize the logo. Please note that this is not acceptable solution. Here is why

- for as long as i have been using lightroom classic which is about 7+ years that I have used original feature which is now broken. Original feature allowed me to keep logo at given size.. in my case it was 19% of the total image. With that size I could align it to corner of the image. Only after latest update this is now broken so just resizing logo doesn't fix it.. in faact if I resize it then I have to resize logo to such a small size that putting that logo on the image doesn't even serve purpose. At that size I would not even put logo on the image.

Please fix the issue!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting missing status to investigating.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I backrev'd to 12.1 where we are getting the spinning color pinwheel and the watermarking works as it used to, so for sure the update broke something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, me too. 12.1 works fine with the watermarks. Staying there until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're aware of this. Here are the current workarounds for now.

If you're using a graphic watermark,

• Go to Watermark preset preview window in Edit > Watermarks
  • Check if the boundaries of the graphic watermark are out of the image, as shown below.

SameerK_0-1677068455044.png

• Keep the watermark within the image bounds if it is out of the boundaries. You can also crop the watermark graphic & save it again as a separate preset temporarily.

• Export from Lightroom classic.

Alternatively, you can roll back to Lightroom Classic 12.1 from the Creative Cloud desktop app. Check here for steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem as everyone here. Send HELP please! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that the watermarks don't place correctly with the 12,2 version, too high. Await your information to resolve the issue. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue.  I set up the watermark to be in the right-hand corner, with text centered.  The preview window looks just fine.  On export, the text is left-justified.  All worked fine until this latest upgrade.Venus-Jupter Conjunction 02Mar2023 v4 watermark left justified.jpgLightRoom Classic Preview - Watermark is as desired.jpg  OS is Windows 10, LightRoom Classic 12.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing happening to me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm using the 12.2 Lightroom Classic version and I'm experiencing my watermarks are not being correctly exported on the image... More exactly, my watermark is being cropped at the upper part... Please, find the 2 sample pics below to understand what's going on (first is my watermark and then it's what I get when I export it - bottom left corner): 

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-06 a las 14.14.29.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-06 a las 14.17.48.png

I'd appreciate any help to sort out this problem!! Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JustAMan We will fix this issue. In the meanwhile, can you try out the workaround posted above ? i.e., make sure to have boundaries of the graphic watermark completely within the image area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround does not solve the problem. This issue with the watermark happened after update to 12.2...The watermark has shifted vertically upwards.I see alot of members reporting this issue and sending examples.  I have work that needs to be sent to clients. Any idea when this issue will be addressed and fixed?

Nina Wolfe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I flagged the same problem up 17/2/23 with zero response from Adobe. Having updated Lr since the issue still remains and is becoming very irritating Adobe, when will this be resolved?????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stevek36142954 @ninawolfe 
Sorry for inconvenience caused due to this issue. An upcoming release of LrC would have the fix.
Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate