• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Messing up file ordering with panoramas

Participant ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened a few times in a past, then went away in subsequent releases, now in last two Lightroom CC releases happened again.

Basically I am sorting out my photos by capture time (older to more recent) -
that works fine by itself. I also do a lot of file selection and panoramic stitching in Lightroom directly, which ends up creating panoramic raw files alongside the raw files. The created panorama raw files take the capture time from the last photo used and, when added to Lightroom, used to go after the last photo used for panoramic stitching. Not anymore - since last two Lightroom CC updates they annoyingly get inserted before the last photo in panoramic sequence which is quite annoying really especially when you order file groups by panoramic sequences. This makes it quite difficult to deal when processing the shoots with quite a few panoramic sequences.

I am guessing it has something to do with secondary ordering when the timestamps of the capture are the same - that secondary ordering is not available to user and it seems that software keeps changing it. I'd appreciate it if that could be fixed (making secondary ordering configurable?). I am using Lightroom CC latest version on MacOS (latest version of OS).

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017
Adobe released Lightroom 6.9/CC2015.9 today.

This issue should be corrected in this release. Please give it a try and let us know if you see any further issues. 

Complete information about this update can be found at the Lightroom Journal: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/lightroom-cc-2015-9-now-available.html

If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, you can use the kbsc [Cmd/Ctrl]+[Opt/Alt]+[ R ]  to refresh your app. If you are a perpetual license holder, you can acc...

Votes

Translate

Translate
13 Comments
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this as well. I had to copy and rename the images and then it would finally accept the right order. That's why I mostly (still) use an external application like Panorama Studio to stitch panoramas. You have much more control this way as an added bonus. This particular one has an export preset that gets installed in LR. I export full blown TIFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used PtGUI for a while but I do not want to resort for third party tools all the time. I need a proper solution from Adobe. The history of this ordering changing to and from between releases shows me that somthing keep changing under the hood with ordering of the files so at the very least it means looking at what changed  in that area and fix it.

I would of course welcome a more flexible solution - ability to define secondary ordering (say by file name etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. Fixing it should be a priority for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the same behavior on Windows 7 with LR CC 2015.8 so it's not a Mac OS X issue. The most selected file's name is assigned to the panorama DNG file, but it is placed before that file using Capture Time Sort Order A>Z.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. We're investigating if there's a better way to handle this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report. This should be fixed in the next Lr update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeffrey and Simon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe released Lightroom 6.9/CC2015.9 today.

This issue should be corrected in this release. Please give it a try and let us know if you see any further issues. 

Complete information about this update can be found at the Lightroom Journal: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/lightroom-cc-2015-9-now-available.html

If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, you can use the kbsc [Cmd/Ctrl]+[Opt/Alt]+[ R ]  to refresh your app. If you are a perpetual license holder, you can access the update via Help>Updates...

Refer to this for any installation issues: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html#lrcc2015
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid it is not fixed. Yes the new panoramas generated do appear after the last one now (I presume you have added time correction). But the ones I generated before are still displayed before the last image in sequence. And I mean those I generated before when the ordering was working properly and they appeared ordered properly after generating panorama.

Please fix it properly - I have about  300 panoramas generated already and trawling through them in attempt to sort them out when needed is becoming quite difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix would not be able to address the sorting order of previously generated panoramas/HDR, because those panos/HDR files would contain the identical capture time of the last captured photo in the source. In the case of that two photos having the same capture date, Lr further sorts the photos by the file name. In the case of merge panoramas/HDR, the output file name is generated based on the active photo selected. Due to this, Lr does not have the info to fix the sorting order of the panos/HDR generated earlier.

As a workaround, you would either need to rename the panos/HDR files or add a second to the the capture time. This is unfortunate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Here is the thing - a few years ago, the very same panoramas sorted fine in the older versions of lightroom. So how was it working before without me changing a thing (I have not regenerated panoramas since a few years ago and they all show up incorrectly now but used to show up in the right order)

Votes

Translate

Translate