• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (14.3) Sonoma - WB Picker Loupe Tool is stuck after first click

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 13.1 on intel iMac, Sonoma.  Grab the eyedropper for white balance and the loupe window gets stuck on the first color it touches.  Still can pick different spots to change WB, but the loupe never changes as you move around image.  This is new since Sonoma upgrade.  Restarts, etc., did not resolve.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The May 2024 updates contain an update for this issue.  Note: this update must be used with Mac 14.5 OS Version or later for the fix to be effective.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 114 Replies 114
114 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using version 7.0 from 2013. Not that it matters for this bug, but if you don't update when updates are available, then you won't get the bugs fixes that these updates bring. As has been mentioned several times, Adobe does not comment on release dates. So you'll have to accept that "the next update" is all you will get from them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. This thread is a mess. Last week I reported the fact that updating to Sonoma 14.5 introduced old and new bugs again in both Intel and M chips for LRCC 7.2. The forum admins merged that bug into this one, which dates back to Sonoma 14.3 going by the title, which essentially drowns the current bug into a sea of old reports that may have been marked as "fixed". Incredibly frustrating.

However, the pinned reply states: Note: macOS 14.5 is reported to fix the issue on Classic 13.2 but introduces a crash on LrD 7.2. 

We've been told a hundred times to wait for an update. There are no work arounds. For anyone interested, I unindtalled, reinstalled, deleted preferences, reverted to older LRCC versions and all show the same bugs under Sonoma 14.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly dog on Microsoft for continous updates to fix issues with the Silicone chips - this issue - where I'm paying for a subscription - can barely get a support ticket and am shuffled off to a community support forum (and seemingly the bugs get bundled into this thread) - with NO REALSITIC timeframes...  Really puts it into perspective.   I do NOT store anything in Adobe - frankly do not trust them - LR (cloud) is simply an editing tool for me.  I did the support ticket (what a mess) - AI constantly wanting me to AGREE to a known bug they have a fix for...   After far too much time I finally get to the next to only be told an update is coming...   WHEN?  Day, week, MONTH????   I'm paying for something that I am now using an alternative because the VERY BASIC function of White Balance has failed...   Damn you Color-Checker for making me beleive having accurate colors matters...    And to think I call out Microsoft for their frequent updates - puts things into perspective for me.  Anyone suggest alternative - I do minor editing - dropper for the WB agaist the color-checker passport - slider here or there and that is about it.  Have used the new Denoise on occasion (high ISO/low light) - but just mainly basic stuff.  Regularly used formats - DNG (Leica), RW2 (panasonic), ARW + SR2 (sony), RAF (Fuji)...   I'm not griping about the cost of Adobe - I'm excessively disappointed in the fact that after some five or so years - I'm shelved with the - don't waste our time - watch a community board for updates BS.  I've no problem paying 100/mo - but if it breaks - I expect your to get off your A$$ and keep me - THE CUSTOMER - updated as ot your percieved resolution and timeframe to do so.  Your brilliance doesn't impress - your lack of realiability offsets anything to the contrary...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usando lightroom 7.2 su mac con processore apple m1 e macos sonoma 14.5 , va in crash se utilizzo la funzionalita colore punto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

inserisco anche i dati del crash

ranslated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process: Adobe Lightroom [2926]
Path: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Lightroom
Identifier: com.adobe.mas.lightroomCC
Version: 7.2 (2024.0214.0938)
App Item ID: 1451544217
App External ID: 863762463
Code Type: ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2024-05-20 23:13:01.4440 +0200
OS Version: macOS 14.5 (23F79)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 8DFE16D8-ABA2-6E88-8D27-6A8A1E703EFC

...(unneccesary information removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Air M2 Sonoma 14,5, Lightroom: 7.2 MAS arm64, Macos and lightroom reinstalled. 
when I run the white balance selector everything works. When I move the selector to the photo area and a circle with magnification appears, the application closes. apple unexpected shutdown report is displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I MAC 24" M1 2021 sonoma 14,5 

quando eseguo colore punti tutto funziona , quando solsto il selettore sull'srea foto interessata e viene visualizzatio un cerchio con ingradimeto l'applicazione si chiude e viene visualizzato di spegnimento imprevisto , questo dopo aggiornamento macOS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug fixed with the latest Lightroom update 7.3 e CameraRAW 16.3 (Macos Sonoma 14.5, M3 here).
Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grazie ma lo posso installare anche su IMAC con chip M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

penso di sì, certo.
Vai su Creative Cloud, se vedi l’aggiornamento è da là che devi aggiornalo. Aggiorna pure Camera RAW.

Penso che il fix sia per ARM, quindi M1 come M2, M3…

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with Sonoma 14.5 on M1 Max Studio. Also the presets for the White Balance (Daylight, Cloudy, etc) do not work as expected. I hope ther will be a fix soon, because I use the WB selector loupe a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s all been fixed in Lightroom 7.3. Both the white balance picker and Point Color picker work fine including the loupe no longer freezing on a selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The May 2024 updates contain an update for this issue.  Note: this update must be used with Mac 14.5 OS Version or later for the fix to be effective.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
grazie della informazione creative cloud mi faceva vedere solo LG 7.2 ho