• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Auto-Stack By Capture Time sometimes stacks photos incorrectly

LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Auto-Stack By Capture Time sometimes stacks photos whose capture times are separated by more than specified by Time Between Stacks.  To reproduce:

1. Create a new catalog.

2. Make a copy of a raw.

3. Import the raw and its copy into the catalog.

4. Select the copy, do Metadata > Edit Capture Time, and change its time to one year earlier.

5. Do Photo > Statcking > Auto-Stack By Capture Time, with Time Between Stacks set at the default 0:08:00. 

Observe that the the two photos are stacked, even though their capture times are separated by a year:

johnrellis_0-1631989292088.png

Doing Metadata > Save Metadata To File followed by Read Metadata From File and then auto-stacking doesn't avoid the bug.

I've observed that sometimes exporting the catalog as a new catalog avoids the bug, sometimes not.

A couple other recent reports of similar symptoms:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/auto-stacking-by-capture-time-goes-wrong/idi-p... 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/stacking-problem-auto-stack-virtual-cop...

Yet another symptom of the broken internal architecture for storing photo capture times.

Tested on LR 10.4 / Mac OS 11.3.1.  

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Updating status

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
27 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Update to OS X Sonoma 14 / LRC  13.0.1 seemed to fix stacking issue in my case"

Excellent. Unfortunately, I just retested the bug recipe at the top of this thread in my LR 13.0.1, and it's still failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stacking issue is back 😞

Again one camera works, the older one once again does not.

Sonoma 14.2.1

LRC 13.2

Votes

Translate

Translate