• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't type Unicode characters in Book module on Windows

LEGEND ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use the standard Windows method for entering Unicode characters in the Book module. To reproduce:

1. Select a photo.

2. In the Caption field of the Metadata panel, hold down Alt and type +160 on the numeric keypad and then release Alt.  You'll see á:

RackMultipart201905301200796ec-5ef13d04-4ccd-4cf6-b422-a8e16f99d30f-564158585.pngRackMultipart201905301200796ec-5ef13d04-4ccd-4cf6-b422-a8e16f99d30f-564158585.png

3. In the Book module, go to a photo page and click Add Page Text.

4. In the text field, hold down Alt and type +160 on the numeric keypad and then release Alt.  You'll see "+160" rather than á:

RackMultipart2019053094700xhh8-78badd77-a710-493f-ade6-aae15b2e1616-953578601.pngRackMultipart2019053094700xhh8-78badd77-a710-493f-ade6-aae15b2e1616-953578601.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I merged that bug report into another: 
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/why-does-my-o-keep-turning-into-a-plain-o-in-...

Both of those are problems with Mac LR, where the Book module doesn't properly handle Unicode characters formed by combining multiple Unicode characters (e.g. combining "o" with an acute accent character).

Your problem is a little different, not being able to enter single Unicode characters in the Book module on Windows. It may or may not have the same cause. So I think it's best to leave it unmerged with the other report at this point, since Adobe engineers tend to fix the first symptom in a bug report and ignore related symptoms that were merged in later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with my Lightroom Classic CC - 7.5 Release on Windows 10 PC.

I use Polish language by setting up Polish (Programmers) keyboard language in Windows 10. 
To type special polish character I would use Right Alt key plus a letter. For example Right Alt s will produce ś character. 

This is a standard way of using international characters in Windows and it works with all applications including Lightroom's Library module. In Library module I can use international characters for descriptions, titles, tags etc. However, when I switch to Book module this does no longer works.

I can copy and paste internationl text into Book module text boxes and it is fine, but using Right Alt - letter combination to create special character does not work.

I believe that it was fine in older versions of Lightroom. I have a book I created several years ago with Lightroom which does use internaitonal characters. While I am not 100%, I really do not recall my copying and pasting of international text so it must have worked and was broken later in some subsequent updates of Lightroom.

Miroslaw Lawczys 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can reproduced this issue in our testing, and reported a bug for it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LrC 13.2 on my MAC running 13.6.4

When printing from LrC there is a box called Photo Info where the user can input various identifiers including custom text. I often use this feature to title pictures. My problem is changing the size of the font, and even the font itself.

Is there a way to have a font size >16 and is there a way to change the font itself? Also, the photo info input does not seem to accept images, replacing any imported image into a check mark. It also seem impossible to add custom characters into the photo info space, eg "ê."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines