• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Cannot tether Sony A7 IV (ILCE-7M4) with latest 3.01 firmware

Explorer ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 13.3 adds tethering support for selected recent Sony cameras, including the A7 IV. However, I cannot get tethering to work with a USB-C connected Sony A7 IV (3.01 firmware) on my Windows 11 computer; I get a "Detecting Camera" dialog with a spinning wheel, but no further. The same camera, cable and camera settings work correctly in the Remote part of Sony Imaging Edge.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

We now understand the issue on Windows following a Teams meeting with a couple of Adobe engineers this morning.

Lightroom Classic needs to interact with the camera as a WinUSB device. However, if you have Sony Imaging Edge installed, it will likely install a different driver for the camera that is incompatible with Lightroom Classic's tethering. The engineers believe there is a similar incompatible driver issue if you have Capture One installed.

If you connect the camera in PC Remote mode, open

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Updating status. Thanks for reporting back. 

For others on the thread: you can verify your camera's support status here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-tethering-support-requests-and-information/m-p/12354788#M242144 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
26 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can get my A7C2 to tether to Lightroom and  it will see live view etc. However the picture only appears in Lightroo, in "destination " mode. It won't capture the photo in  card and destination mode

Votes

Translate

Translate