• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crash on "tether capture" (8697134)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a MacBook Air, Ventura 13.5 OS. LrC crashes once I hit enter on a "tether capture". Tried rebooting, reintstalled LrC, even tried multiple older versions to no avail. I'm using a Canon 5D Mk III. Worked fine on Friday. Multiple crash reports were sent. 

Ended up using my older MacBook with Monterey 12.6.8 with LrC 12.5... works fine. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

I was able to locate the report. Thank you for sticking with it.  I will log an issue with the Classic team. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
17 Comments
Guide ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When LrC starts doing strange things, it's a good idea to reset the preferences.  Note: Reinstalling LrC does not reset the preferences.

There is a similar situation with the Nikon Z9 and LrC. Nikon released a firmware update, V4.0 that broke tethering that was working ok with LrC on Win 11 and Mac V12.6. It was necessary to downgrade the Z9 firmware to the previous version to restore tethering. I am not sure how the firmware change affected Macs V13.X since I'm still on 12.6. Did something in the camera change?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response KR Seals... I will give the preference "reset" a try. To answer your question, no... nothing changed with the camera. It was weird, this happened at 2 different locations within my company yesterday! Neither of us changed a thing... just came into our respective studios to start shooting but realized we couldn't do a tether capture. 

Thanks again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s? Apple’s?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The email of the crash report is <removed>

Get Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already checked this address as it is your forum email. There are no receipted crash reports under this address. The next time it crashes, please take a screenshot of the dialog and post it in this thread. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try again, I was using my personal email on the crash reports instead of my "work" email. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated my crash log email to my work email. The dialog is LrC's, not Apple's. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see where you've entered an email on the form. Can you screenshot it at that point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to locate the report. Thank you for sticking with it.  I will log an issue with the Classic team. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while editing my lightroom is crashed with all my edited file.
any way to get back those edit settings.
what is this going on. This is crashed so many time.

this is happens so many time with PS too

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently purchased a new 2023 MacBook Pro M2 with the intention of tehering to my Canon 77d. I have updated the Mac Operating system to Sonoma, run Lightroom Classic 12.5 and have camera firmware up to date, however when I try to select Tethered Capture and press ok, Lightroom simply closes. I've tested this on a windows PC and works perfectly, but not on the MacBook Pro, any ideas?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

I have updated the Mac Operating system to Sonoma

1. I suspect that is v14.0, so initial release, not a latter release with a bug fix. Your issue could be a MACOS issue. I have no knowledge to state that as a fact, just a suspicion. Many people wait until the first bug fix is released, or at least a few weeks before upgrading (as to see if people have issues before upgrading). Heck I see Apple has another BETA release, v14.1, that does not bode well.

2. Adobe has not released a new copy of LrC that is stated as MACOS 14 capable. Many LrC users would wait on upgrading their OS until at the very least the first LrC for the new OS was released, and might even wait for the first bug fix on LrC as well.

Hopefully another member has your exact issue and can help. Waiting for Adobe to update LrC for Sonoma might occur at anytime now (it feels about time for an update, based on time past since last) or it might be longer, who knows, Adobe sure does not share that publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the Canon Utilities package and does tethered capture work there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of Lightroom is not supported on Sonoma yet with some known and unknown issues. There should be a new version coming out any day now that should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The October 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have updated Lightroom CC to the latest version and can report that Tethered Capture now works for me. Well done Adobe, happy customer 

Votes

Translate

Translate