• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crash on startup

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using LR 8.2 today and tried to use the Enhance Details. An error came up saying I needed to update Windows 10 for it to work. I updated Windows 10 and ever since Lightroom Classic CC and CC for Desktop crash upon startup.

I have uninstalled Classic CC and gone back to 8.1 and I am able to work. This is very frustrating.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019
First, make sure that Windows is up to date. Note, some customers won't see the latest update (Version 1809 - OS build 17763) through the automatic update mechanism. 

To solve this, please manually update:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update

Lightroom and Camera Raw now exercise ML support in the drivers which is used for enhanced details. The engineer looking at the crash report suspects a corrupted Nvidia GPU driver. He said he was seeing a similar issue a...

Votes

Translate

Translate
95 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is todo for all nvidia driver uninstalling

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine. Thank you.

Actual I have tried using an older driver, but with no succes. When I uninstalled the drivers this time, i saw an error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rudi Oswald, restart your computer, and download new drivers for Nvidia website. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn’t work for me, sorry to say. Further crash reports sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ian Stewart, have you tried to remove  all Nvidia software, remove the card from Device manager, restart and the install the driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn’t remove the card, will try that, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it allthistime removed the card the drivers and went back to LR8.1 then built it all back up again only for the same thing to happen. Now what do I do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I disable the graphics card and then launch LR8.2 it works so definately some sort of graphics card driver issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 1809 since June\July, I had the final version of 1809  few days before it was officially released, I'm a windows insider.

I have Geforce 1080 TI, I tried 6 different drivers, dating back from November 2018 to Feb 2019.

Nothing changes, the only way to start lightroom is to disable the GPU in device manager.

GPU acceleration in Lightroom is broken almost every other version, but it never prevented the program to start. This is a new low for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to completely remove the old ones fist. I removed all software from Nvidia, including GeForce Experience and the card from device manager. Restartet the computer, and then installed the latest version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said above, I have tried that without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found the cause of the issue.

Adobe POOR CODING, and LACK OF QUALITY TESTING.

Crash is related to Antialiasing - FXAA, go into NVIDIA control panel and turn off FXAA and no more crash.

So THERE IS NO Corrupt driver or other BS, simply when you uninstall a driver, you use all the settings, when you go into control panel and re-enable your settings, crash comes back.

for now, quality in your games will suffer with lack of FXAA, until Adobe gets their act together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT

Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA) also causes the poorly written software to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT

Or create a custom program settings, if you don't want your game quality to suffer because of Adobe poor coding.

Set FXAA and MFAA to off, in the custom profile.

RackMultipart201902161281281gt-e85018f1-c5dc-486d-a798-e15db4e9eae5-1776501890.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work for me. Maybe there are more settings causing the issue. Could you share the whole list of your custom profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine were already off. No effect. I uninstalled and reinstalled all my drivers, too. No effect. Still crashes on launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstal 8.2 then Nvidia software and reinstall 8.2 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This dude needs to stop with hte please update windows LOL as it doesn't do anything. 

Breh. 

I am reporting the same, Adobe Lightroom CC and Adobe Lightroom CC Classic both crash immediatley on launch. And all I can do is machine gun the send crash report button. There has to be a whole lotta folks out there shitting bricks right now with this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I am using laptop version of GeForce 1070. Is everyone using a laptop here ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I’m on ASUS ROG 17.3” with GTX 980m

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And before windows update guy comments again, my Nvidia drivers are up to date, Windows is most up to date, all Adobe cc is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asus ROG 17.3 with GTX 1070. At my Desktop PC with RTX 2080 run LR Classic CC 8.2 fine and fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deinstalled All NVidia Drivers and experience in Windows Apps after newstart, New Installation with the newest Driver for Notebook and Restart the Computer, then i install LR Classic CC 8.2 and nohing will start. 
This way is not the right

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION; Thank you to Jeffreys (https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-8-2-and-cc-both-crash-on-st...) Uninstall all nvidia drivers and softwares then reinstall Lightroom 8.2.... It works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Nvidia drivers are up to date and it still crashes, considering the popularity of Nvidia based devices this does seem it will become more of a problem as more users try to upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate