• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crashing when attempting to access Map or Web modules (macOS 10.14.6)

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 8.4 crashing when attempting to access Map or Web modules. No problem accessing all other modules. Using macOS 10.14.6 on an iMac Pro.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
48 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul, it looks like engineering is looking into this issue.

Do you happen to be signed out? If you sign back in does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to 'Maps' crashes Lightroom completely.  MAC 10.14.5.  LR 8.4, Camera Raw 11.4.

Tried turning GPU off.  It doesn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I've been working for (weeks) on this issue, same as reported here. But no word back since the 9th. But I can conform there's an issue, just don't know what the cause might be. 
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please submit the crash log to Adobe, tagging with your email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking only for myself, I've submitted such logs, console reports etc with Smit. 
Andy Smith should do so, and as I suggested on the other forum, some idea of his hardware too. There has to be something both of us have in common. 
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon.  I have always sublimed the crash logs tagged with my email over the last two days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

submitted

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RackMultipart20190819111612fye-a0425720-8a3c-44f6-bb20-019b5be6b02f-1430276441.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I am signed in when the crash occurs. I have tried uninstalling then re-installing Lightroom, turning off GPU Acceleration, removing Lightroom's preferences and opening another catalog. The crash is instantaneous, no beachball. 

What email address should I use to submit the crash log to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul. I already found your crash log. These are the instructions for submitting a log: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I see your crash log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I see a bug logged for the crash signature that Andy and Paul are seeing. Not seeing yours. Might be under a different email address than you use to log in here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the submitted crash reports (9 in total), it it crashed in one of the 3rd party library that Lr uses to host the google maps. The dev team would need to investigate. So far you're the only customer who reported such type of crash.

Please revert to Lr 8.3.1 to continue your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my hardware.  Let me know if I can try or do anything else to help.
RackMultipart2019081953648j09e-5cd2ad0e-7e03-40b2-9b9c-455588c5ce7e-522840630.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I revert to LR8.3.1please?  What date was the software update implemented?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR8.3.1 Maps and Web works for me.  Please let me know when I should move to 8.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new user account (I did one with Admin), launch LR 8.4, does it still crash?
It doesn't on this end. 

Booting in safe mode doesn't help. So the fact I can click on Maps and Web as a different user, indicates there's something in our main user library that's causing this crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged in to a second Admin user account that I keep for troubleshooting. I opened Lightroom, logged in with my Adobe ID and imported some JPEGs. The crash still occurs when attempting to go to the Map module. I did not bother reopening Lightroom and trying the Web module.

So, this is a brand new catalog created in a "clean" user account. My experience does not match yours Andrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's what's somewhat interesting: 
On the 'new' account, I was able to click on Maps and Web but there were no photo's in that catalog. It was a blank catalog. 
When I tried from that account to open my normally used catalog, it crashed. 
Went back to that new, virgin catalog, imported one folder (add from location) and no crash. 
Went to the older, original catalog: crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2019 Aug 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Here in Holland I have the same issues after upgrading Lightroom classic passed week to version 8.4.
As soon as I try to open the maps-module or web-module Lightroom crashen, stops in a slipt second, no normal shutdown.
Also tried after reboot where the GPU accelerator is set to automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See URL above where you can send the crash logs. Adobe IS aware of this, IS working on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  I cannot get anything done because of this crash.  I see it happen going from Library to Map, or more importantly for me, to Web.  MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2018), macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6, with attached LG UltraFine 27" Display, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB graphics in addition to the 15.4" display.  I've submitted crash logs to Apple and Adobe.  Lightroom Classic ver. 8.4, build 201908011719, Camera Raw 11.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several existing catalogs.  Crash when going from Library to Web or Map is consistent across each catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't a catalog issue. Further, IF you click on Maps and it crashes, if you try to open that application again, it's sticky and tries to go back to Maps which will..... Crash. 
You can delete your preference's and try again but do not go to Maps. 
You can try a new user Account which did work for me but obviously that's not a fix (cause a fix IS coming). 

Votes

Translate

Translate