• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crashing while tethered (Nikon) (8161326)

Participant ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When starting Tethering capture with camera disconnected, Tether dialog opens, and I can slick Start Capture, but camera is not detected.

If I start Tether Capture with camera connected, LrC tells me I have to relaunch in Rosetta mode.

When I then start Tether Capture, camera is detected, and I can take pictures

LrC randomly terminates at any time.

When I switch to Live view, I can also take pictures. 

When I close Live view, LrC starts detecting camera, and camera is not detected.

A few crash reports are sent

I first tried this in Ventura 13.0.1, then upgraded to 13.2.1, but results were the same.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

I've located your crash reports. Thank you for sending them. I've logged an investigation bug and added links to this thread and your crash reports. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since November:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-classic-and-macos-ventura.html

Used to be additional issues, many fixed in December 2022 release, and the February 2023 release, but not that one. (not to confuse importing with tethering)

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/fixed-issues.html

another article on LrC vs Ventura at (but might not be updated):

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-ventura-compatibility/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update from me on this report.
I tried tethereing with Nikon Z6 II again last night (02.03.23). Lightroom now found my Z6 II, but the D500 was found faster. I used the same machine, cabel, USB port (no hub) and camera.

I could use Tethering with Z6 II both with and witout Live view.

If I switched the camera off and on again,  Lightroom Classic could not detect Z6 II again. 

When I finally canceled Tether Camera detection, Lightroom Classic crashed and closed. Crashreport was submitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've located your crash reports. Thank you for sending them. I've logged an investigation bug and added links to this thread and your crash reports. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The April 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I havnt been able to tether my Nikon d500 to my macbook pro since October. The work around has been that I rolled back to pre October so now the macbook is like an expensive memory card. The Nikon d500 tethers and works but the macbook is running old programmes. I can see from the threads that this should be fixed now but don't want to update until it is 100% fixed. Is there any advice? I can see that some people have done the updates but are still having problems. Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate