• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Date Created Field is not accepting correct date?

LEGEND ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the IPTC field Date Created...I enter 1906-01-01 and hit return....the field is now populated w/ 2042-02-6. Lightroom says that the metadata has been saved with the original file, but when I look at the image in Bridge (or one that has been exported from LR...) I get the correct date that I entered (1906-01-01).

How can I get Lightroom to display the Date Created that is imbedded w/in the file?

btw I'm using MacOS 10.6.7 & LR 3.4.1.....thanks!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to reproduce the behavior you describe on my Mac. The issue seems to be Mac specific and only affect images with older dates, pre-1933 based on my testing. I don't think there is going to be an immediate solution. If you are working with lots of photos with really old dates like this, uninstalling and using an older version of the product might be the only immediate workaround.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David, I had an idea it is a Mac OS thing as I can reproduce it as well with 10.5 but think it comes from inside the OS and the way MacOS deals with dates but what I have no idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread for the likely cause of the bug:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/37029...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David...Since I can still output to the proper data, I'm not going to sweat it. I'm using that field to date code a bunch of family images from the early 20th century. It seems to me that it only affects pre-1933 dates as well.

Best, Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported the issue to the LR developers and it sounds like they've already isolated the cause. Its slated to be fixed although I can't say specifically when. Thanks again for letting us know and the group input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2011 Jul 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a strange metadata/date issue when exporting images. I have images in my LR catalog going back to 1885 and they're all dated accordingly in the metadata. When I export to the hard drive I like to have the filenames be YYYYMMDD, followed by the file name. What's weird is that all the dates before about 1934 totally get screwed up. A photo from 1890, for example, is exported with a date of 2026. 1932 becomes 2068. My iPad will sort them with the oldest ones at the end of the total library, and the Finder obviously sorts them by year and puts the batch from 1885 to 1934 at the end.

This came up in Lightroom 3 and has never seemed to resolve itself. Worked just fine in LR 2 and 1.

Any thoughts? It has been driving me crazy for a while but seems to just be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all very much! I look forward to future updates of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The release notes say this is fixed in 3.5RC:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great to hear! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it out in 3.5 RC and it looks to have been corrected in the metadata panel inside Lightroom, but the error still occurs when I export the file with the year in the file name, just as before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Still is the case when exporting in the 3.5 official release. Dates in file names are still buggy...

Votes

Translate

Translate