• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Develop sliders should only accept numeric inputs

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic CC 8.1, the inputs for develop settings accept alphanumeric characters instead of only numeric ones, which causes accessibility issues because it unnecessarily breaks keyboard shortcuts while the input is in focus.

I'm a heavy keyboard user in Lightroom, so a common workflow for me in the "develop" tab is to move from setting to setting using the tab key, then modify the setting using the up and down keys, or by directly typing a number, and pressing "J" to toggle shadow and highlight clipping. In Lightroom Classic 8.0 and below, this worked fine. In Lightroom Classic 8.1, pressing a keyboard shortcut like "J" while an input is selected results in this:

RackMultipart20181215105335yt7-15e7eacd-83ff-4928-b264-75f741adddf8-1562226618.pngRackMultipart20181215105335yt7-15e7eacd-83ff-4928-b264-75f741adddf8-1562226618.png

This of course results in a error message because "j" is obviously an invalid value, so why let me enter it to begin with? Could you go back to the previous behavior, which was ignoring non-numeric values on these inputs, so the keyboard shortcuts aren't broken?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019
Greetings

Updates to Lightroom Classic CC (8.2), Lightroom CC for desktop (2.2), Lightroom CC.Mobile (Android and iOS) were released on Monday, February 11, 2019. Please verify that your issue is fixed by the current update.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried LR versions 8.0, 7.5, 2015.14 & 5.71 and all had the same behaviour of showing an error message of 'invalid numeric entry' when typing an alpha character in these fields (All on Windows 7/10)
Are you using Windows or Mac OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, now I'm second guessing if this was an issue before or not (although it is an issue for me now). I'm using MacOS 10.14.1 and just updated Lightroom Classic CC to 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using MacOS 10.12.6, recently updated Lightroom Classic CC to 8.1, and I am experiencing this problem. It was not a problem before the update. It is disrupting my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing version 8.1, when in the Develop Module if a numeric entry box has focus (the box is white and the cursor is in the box) when I type a keyboard shortcut, like "e" to go back to the Library module, instead of performing the action, a "e" is entered into the numeric entry box.  This is new behavior with this release.  It is annoying as I now have to press the "esc" key to defocus the numeric entry box and then use the shortcut key.  I am using a MacBook with OS 10.13.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure this is a new issue - as I've never noticed it before. 
When you are in an adjustment box (Develop Module), lets say Exposure for example. If you hit the G key (for example) it used to take you into Grid mode. Now it doesn't. It actually enters the character G in the exposure box.....!   Why would it do that? Clearly G or any other of the shortcuts is not a logical entry for any of the adjustment boxes. 
Very frustrating. As I automatically use M, Shift+M, Z, G etc. as shortcuts while I work. Now they don't auto jump out of the adjustments - as I'm sure they used to. 
Hampshire Wedding Photographer / Documentary Wedding Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a bug for this in the system and the original behavior should be restored in the next update. Thanks for the reports. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great to hear. Thanks, Rikk!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings

Updates to Lightroom Classic CC (8.2), Lightroom CC for desktop (2.2), Lightroom CC.Mobile (Android and iOS) were released on Monday, February 11, 2019. Please verify that your issue is fixed by the current update.

Thank you for your patience.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears to be fixed - in 8.2 - I can go to any Develop box, enter a number - but if I press a shortcut key, it correctly goes to the shortcut R for rotate etc. Thx for fixing.
Hampshire Wedding Photographer / Documentary Wedding Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yep, confirmed working on MacOS Mojave. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate