• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Does not export all selected images

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lightroom 6 on Windows 7 I have exactly the same problem as described at http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...
with Lightroom 5.4.

I select a number of images and use the Export dialog, exporting to JPEG. After the export is finished I get a dialog box saying "Some export operations were not performed. The file could not be opened ()", and then lists the file names of the images that were not exported.

If I delete the exported JPEGs and try again a different subset of the selected images gets exported. On average around 20 out of 70 selected images don't get exported.

Watching the directory where the images are being exported with a file viewer while the export is in progress I can see that the images that are later shown in the "not exported" dialog box list are in fact being created in the target directory but are quickly deleted.

I have had one example of exporting of a single image failing with exactly the same error message.

I have never had this problem with version 5. I just ran an export of 126 images using Lightroom 5.6 which completed successfully, as has always been the case with version 5 and before that with version 4.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
98 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem appears to be fixed in LR 6.1.1 / CC 2015.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was having this issue and it turned out that exporting my images to the c:\users\%user%\pictures\ folder structure was giving me access denied.

I got the same error

I believe this happened when I (using lightroomcc latest) upgraded from win 7 -> win10. I then associated my microsoft account @Hotmail... with my user account from win 7. The lightroom app ran from that point on in the security context of my @Hotmail user and this user while directly associated with my old win7 username didn't actually have permission to any of my 'personal' folders like my docs, my pictures, etc..

I resolved by using the file security and taking ownership of all files then replacing all permissions to include appropriate account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been getting the blank (white) jpeg malfunction occasionally. however, i can see thumbnails so they look perfectly normal until you try to view them. i discovered this after uploading to Flickr where a photo displayed white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is even related, however, when I try to export my images from LR 5.7 into PSE 13, I get the error "file DSC_1108.dng could not be written". What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check in your OS and make sure that you have full write permissions for the location to where you are trying to export.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do. A tech from Adobe fixed that for me. But still having the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar problem. I'm trying to export JPEG images I shot in a HDR sequence, and I keep getting the same error message, over and over again:

The file could not be written
DSC02041-HDR.dng

I didn't ask Lightroom CC 2015 to write it as a .DNG file, dammit!

Also getting the same problem with exporting plain old JPEGs. The only thing I might have done that might explain this, is changing file permissions to full control on my C:\Pictures as Windows 10 wasn't letting me write files to that folder without administrator privileges, and yet I am already set up as an administrator.

I wish there was an emoticon that would express how mad I am about this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two troubleshooting steps:

1. Try exporting to C:\Users\username\Pictures. If that works, then it's likely you're still experiencing permission issues with C:\Pictures.

2. If exporting to to C:\Users\username\Pictures doesn't work either, then verify in Help > System Info that you are running LR CC 2015.1.1 or LR 6.1.1. That most recent release fixes the bug described in this topic. (The Adobe update process has fooled many people into thinking they've been getting the recent updates when in fact they haven't.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to 6.2 today and after a few minutes of exporting the application fails again and I have to close it. Not solution found yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/...

It works for some dudes, I'm trying right now.

Good lucky

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm that. I tried to change Faststone for XnView and problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I confirm that. I tried to change Faststone for XnView and problem is solved."

Have you upgraded to CC 2015.1.1 / 6.1.1 or later? This problem was fixed in that release. Do Help > System Info to verify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. Problem was actual for 6.0 version. Sorry for my out-of-date/vague comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 6.1.1 and during a large export Lightroom still shits down. In fact sometimes I get a blue screen of death

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Problem was actual for 6.0 version."

If you decide to upgrade, do not upgrade to 2015.2.1 / 6.2.1 -- it's plagued with problems, and even Adobe suggests downgrading to 2015.1.1 / 6.1.1 if you encounter serious problems. See here for how to install 2015.1.1: http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have 6.1.1 and during a large export Lightroom still shuts down. In fact sometimes I get a blue screen of death"

Those are much different symptoms than the problem reported and solved in this thread, in which the export completes with a dialog box saying "Some export operations were not performed."

This topic discusses the a more general problem of LR actually crashing (exiting abnormally) when exporting: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh.... Adobe is actively working on a next release to fix all the serious issues reported with CC 2015.2 / 6.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to apologize -- this forum isn't the easiest in which to find things, to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your warning and information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just noticed that lightroom does not exported all the image, and leaved the virtal copy behind 😐 6.5.1
i previously i took lot of photo for many unknown people, i never noticed it, but today i notice that when i close/collapse a group of virtual copies, which i do all the time, lightroom leave the image under that group, when it get selected, behind 😐 and its the worse thing i just noticed, so it mean i have too many lost images, that i didn't ever deliver, or in my collection :@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stacks must be Unstacked in order for operations to affect the images.  Print, Export, Metadata changes etc will only work when the images are visible in the Grid. When they stack is collapsed, only the top image is acted upon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 years later and I am on the most recent LR CC update and on Windows 10 and this has started happening to me. I definitely have room on this computer... I have closed lightroom and repopened it, deleted and reinstalled it, and it still is not exporitng. If I go one by one to export, it works just fine and has no issues exporting the photo that lightroom couldn't export before. This is not sustainable and I cannot figure out why this is happening or how to resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate