• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Fails to import photos and stalls out on macOS 10.15 Catalina

LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to import photos from my Nikon D850, Lightroom Classic states it is importing photos but status bar is not progressing and no photos are being imported. Restarted system and program along with camera and still has issue. This is all been occurring with macOS Catalina 10.15.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Setting status

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
82 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the issue for SD cards, In Source, Devices vs Files. See “Lightroom Classic Only Updates”
in: https://lightroomkillertips.com/may-2019-update-for-lightroom-classic-lightroom-and-adobe-camera-ra...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question. Are you all able to edit the photos or just preview? Because I am able to preview doing the things you suggested but the RAW files will still not import. I get an error screen (see image).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the finder and look at that destinations folder. Does it have a pencil with a line through it in the lower left-hand corner of the window? That means you can’t write to that folder, as the error message states. Try Get Info on that folder, then go down to where you see your username and the other “users”, and check to see if you have read/write permissions. If not click on your username, unlock the lock, and give yourself those permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will try this tonight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, cannot import anything from the SD card on an iMac.

And Adobe support is like "Meh, you're using Catalina, not compatible". At least at got a shot at starting a trial of Capture 1, which is actually pretty good... and can read a SD card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And on the left, are you clicking on that DCIM folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on David's reply a bit, look down the left to Untitled (which is your memory card), click the arrow to expand and click on the DCIM folder to view the photos inside. There's two different ways of accessing the photos and the "devices" one is broken on Catalina but the other works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn’t work but thank you for trying. Still not able to import into Lightroom classic either of the ways that you are normally able. I’m assuming it’s Catalina related. My computer updated on its own and I wasn’t aware it was set to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried this as well and still getting the error screen I posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I go back to previous mac operating system or should I wait for Lightroom Classic to "adjust"to new Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa/ Yann,

Is it possible for you to share the raw images? You can send dropbox link to mayugupt@adobe.com.
Also if possible, can you try to import images from another sd card? 

Thanks
Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A long shot. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab. Unlock the lock at the bottom. Select Files & Folders down the left hand side and make sure Lightroom is listed all of its checkboxes are checked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this tonight thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried a different card with different images, still doesn’t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found today exactly the same problem: Lightroom on my Imac is not importing my files after updated with Catalina.
I was trying to import from a card, not directly from the camera.The card was  a new one ( Ext Pro). I repeated with another card and the same problem happened !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

Can you share a dropbox link with sample raw images and send it to mayugupt@adobe.com?

Thanks
Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn. More workflow pain. 
I've spent many thousands of bucks on Adobe products over the years - when the issues with Catalina became apparent, the least they might have done is send their customers a head's up via email - or a message via the Adobe apps that I pay $30/month for. 
j

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jean you should blame your IT guys for upgrading you too soon, not Adobe (not this time!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, import never starts, error messages about a few things, but one was that the destination folder was not writable. My issue was that the import presets had changed on upgrade from LR5, and it had indeed defaulted to the wrong folder. Trivial to fix, but egregious error handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue with imports from SD cards to new iMac - files don't complete - shows exclamation mark and error. Thought it was a corrupted card, but works fine on older MacBook Pro running an older version of LR CC. Both computers have been upgraded to Catalina (bad decision) but laptop is working, and the iMac is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inspect/replace card reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another one failed due to lack of disk space, but it just hung and only returned an error message after I stopped the import. The general problem seems to be that import does not detect a failure. Error messages could be clearer as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. reading again your email, I found workaround.
Instead of importing pics from my camera, I imported them from SD reader, and proceeded as you suggested. It finally worked.
Nice bug 🙂
Hope Adobe (or Apple ?) will fix it soon
Thx
Laurent

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to clarify, multiple error messages, one of which is directly useful, and none of which are returned until I manually stop the hung/stillborn import process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree totally. It's very important that Adobe or Apple, solve this problem as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate