• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: GPS Coordinates won't copy to other photos

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to copy GPS coordinates from one photo (taken with phone) to others (taken with camera). The bug is specifically that when I try to use "Add GPS Coordinates to Selected Photos" then nothing happens and no GPS data is added to the selected photos.

Background: When I highlight and drag the "unGPS'd" photos onto the map the pin goes to the wrong location. (I'm aware this is a bug that goes back a very long time.)

So I tried the known work around which is to select the photos in the film strip that I want to copy the coordinates to, and then right click on the coordinates of the photo that is already on the map and use "Add GPS Coordinates to Selected Photos".  That worked for me in LR 10. I've upgraded to LR 11 & Windows 11 and this workaround no longer works. Now, nothing happens. 

System info details in the attached text file.

Regards

John Godfrey

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Setting status to acknowledged - adding bug number

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a step-by-step recipe for reproducing the bug:

1. Drag a photo to the map.

2. Select two other photos in the filmstrip. 

3. Right-click the map bubble for the first photo and do Add GPS Coordinates To The Selected Photos.

4. Observe that the two photos don't get added to the map or acquire GPS coordinates in the Metadata panel.

Screen recording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kr0m9yy7yljy2j/add-gps-coordinates.2021.11.10.mov?dl=0

Tested on LR 11.0 / Mac OS 11.6, LR 10.4 / Windows 10, LR 10.1.1 / Mac OS 10.14.4, and LR 9.4 / Mac OS 10.15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"That worked for me in LR 10. "

I tested it in LR 10.4 / Windows 10, LR 10.1.1 / Mac OS, and LR 9.4 / Mac OS, and it was broken for me in all three of those versions. Are you sure it worked for you in LR 10?

Here's a workaround that works for me in LR 11: Select the source photo and the target photos in the filmstrip, with the the source photo most-selected. Click the Sync Metadata button (lower-right), click Check None, then check the GPS field.

I tried another workaround, Set All To The Same GPS Coordinates, but that's broken too in LR 11:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/map-module-s-set-all-to-the-same-gps-coordinat... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be related to the long standing issue with pin placement on the map when using high-res/DPI monitors.

I knew I had been doing this successfully with LrC 10 & 11, so I tested a bit more on my systems.  Both are Win 10.0.19043 / LrC 11.0.

The recipe fails (GPS coordinates are not updated) on the system with the following graphics setup - 

System DPI setting: 120 DPI
     Displays: 1) 3240x2160, 2) 2560x1440
     Graphics Processor Info:
     DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (26.21.14.4219)

The recipe succeeds (GPS coordinates are updated) on the system with the following graphics setup - 

System DPI setting: 96 DPI
     Displays: 1) 1920x1200, 2) 1920x1200
     Graphics Processor Info:
     DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (30.0.14.7212)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This may be related to the long standing issue with pin placement on the map when using high-res/DPI monitors."

Perhaps, but I'm skeptical. The pin-placement bug on high-DPI displays has only been reported on Windows:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/lightroom-classic-photo-placed-in-wrong-spot-o...

But this bug occurred for me on both Mac (LR 11.0, 10.1.1, 9.4) and on Windows 10 (LR 11.0, with System DPI Setting: 96 DPI).  The pin-placement bug didn't occur on any of those tested systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please move into Bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But this bug occurred for me on both Mac (LR 11.0, 10.1.1, 9.4) and on Windows 10 (LR 11.0, with System DPI Setting: 96 DPI).  The pin-placement bug didn't occur on any of those tested systems."

Interesting...and yes, that does seem to make it less likely to be the other pin-placement bug.  It also makes it more difficult to reproduce, since it both fails & succeeds on my two machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting status to acknowledged - adding bug number

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate