• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Identity Plate in Web Module -- custom plate is not working

LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 3.6: Identity Plate in Web Module -- custom plate is not working.

When creating a web gallery and trying to use a custom graphic as an ID plate, LR creates the ID plate by converting the graphic to a PNG file. For some reason, the converted PNG is blank for some original graphic files. It does not matter whether the original is JPG, BMP or PNG.

I have posted this issue on the LR forum at adobe.com, but so far no one has come up with a solution. One of the other users has confirmed the same bug in LR 4 beta.

For a full description of the problem along with sample files, please see http://forums.adobe.com/message/42359...

Maybe someone here can shed some light on the problem.

Thank you.

John

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012
We are investigating this problem, before fixing provided, please using the workaround,

For those non-PNG files, Use other picture program (like "Paint") to convert your images to be PNG format, and then use PNG files as Identity Plate in LR,
for those PNG files, please use other picture program (like "Paint") to save as PNG with a new name.

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
People's Champ ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this happening on my system (Win7 64Bit) with LR3.6 and LR4 Beta, using this PNG as an identity plate:

The PNG looks fine when opened in other apps (i.e. PSE), but the file created by including it in a web gallery (logo.png) does not show the content of its original anymore.

Beat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating this problem, before fixing provided, please using the workaround,

For those non-PNG files, Use other picture program (like "Paint") to convert your images to be PNG format, and then use PNG files as Identity Plate in LR,
for those PNG files, please use other picture program (like "Paint") to save as PNG with a new name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Baichao,

Thank you for your post. I am glad to hear you are looking into the issue.

I have used Photoshop CS5 to create ID Plates and saved as PNG files. Some work, some don't and I can't figure out a pattern of why some don't work. I hope you can figure this out.

Thanks again....

John

Votes

Translate

Translate