• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Import/Export internal error LR4.0 "An Internal error has occured.

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While exporting photos via the Facebook Publish Service in Lightroom 4, I receiver error message "An Internal error has occured. expected string argument to JSON.decode()" and "Can't update this collection. An internal error has occurred: expected string argument to JSON.decode()" I also received the second error while importing photos.

OSX 10.7.2, Macbook Pro, LR 4.0

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You receive a JSON error when /importing/ photos into Lightroom? (i.e., via the "Import Photos and Video..." dialogue.) That sounds unlikely. Can you explain exactly what your are doing in the second case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The major issue I'm having is getting the error consistently when trying to export photos to facebook. It will upload a few then pop up with the error, then i'll hit publish again and it will upload a few more, and so on. very frustrating. I DID get the "Can't update this collection" error once while importing, but it hasn't happened again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The first is a problem manipulating the data received from, or to be sent to, the Facebook API. My advice is just use Friedl's FB plugin. It's way better, and nearly the same price.

As for the second, I'm not sure I understand. When you say "importing", I assume you mean "importing into the Lightroom catalogue from a camera or card or a location on disk".

It sounds like you mean importing (really, adding photos to the publish service) into a collection that ultimately resides in a Facebook album. Again, I'd recommend Friedl's FB plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate