Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: keeps crashing on startup - 9.4 also 9.3 also 9.2.1

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear developers,

PLEASE make a troubleshooting article in the official support articles for Lightroom Classic, for the startup crashing problem appearing constantly. 

The Lightroom Classic starts, it shows the pictures from the library, then it pops up the error reporting window - 0xc0000005 error. 

I faced this already 4 times during a short time period of 3 months. 

Everytime I did more hours of troubleshooting and googling what can cause this problem. 

I started with GPU drivers, update, rollback, delete, clean, install. No result.

Then I went for Windows updates, installing the latest updates, then uninstall up to the last day, when LR CC worked. No result. 

Then I did   sfc /scannow system integrity check, it did not find any problems. 

At the end I found out, that: 

The ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD app is the reason. It is constantly getting corrupted.

Even it is corrupted, the app runs, does not show any problems, but after reinstalling it, the problem is solved with Lightroom. Interesting, that other Adobe apps are working well, just the Lightroom Classic is gettin f*cked by the Creative Cloud app corruption.

So, the problem is not GPU related, it is not GPU driver related, it is not hardware related, it is not software related, it is not windows update related. Just the self-manager, the Adobe Creative Cloud app.

Please, do a support article about this, so people are not getting angry as me, if this happens.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for submitting the crash log. I've asked engineering to take a look at it. We will update this thread with any information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick 

Thank you too for the support. 

I have sent multiple crash logs with various message, the last one was a bit angry one, after a long time of troubleshooting without success, sorry about that. 

At the end I found out, that the Adobe Creative Cloud app was corrupted - again. Do not know, what leads there, so it is being corrupted, but happened more times already. 

After I reinstalled the Creative Cloud app, problem got fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a fix you might try. It has worked for me every time I've tried it, including today.   I have no idea why it works, but it does. I'm on a Windows 10 computer. I'm not sure if it works for Mac.

1. Make sure Lightroom is closed.
  2. Using Windows Explorer, rename the folder where all of your photos are stored on your hard drive. You don't need to rename the folder where your Lightroom catalog is stored.
    • For example, if all of your photos are stored in a folder called "Pictures," rename that folder "Pictures_disabled" or something similar. Anything other than "Pictures" will work.
    • If you have photos stored in many different locations, you may need to rename each of the main folders.
    • Also, if all of your photos are stored on one hard drive and it's not your C: drive, you can rename the whole hard drive. If it's the C: drive, you cannot rename it because that's where Windows is stored.
  3. Now that you've renamed the location of your photos, open Lightroom the normal way. It will open and work normally with the exception that it has lost track of your photos. This is expected because you no longer have a "Pictures" folder, for example.
  4. After it has fully opened, close Lightroom and make a backup -- just in case.
  5. After Lightroom has closed, rename any folders or hard drives back to their original names by removing "_disabled" from their names.
  6. Once that is done, open Lightroom again. It will work now without crashing.

If anyone at Adobe can explain why this works, I'd be glad to hear it. I hope this works as reliably for you as it does for me. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ticket is shown as fixed in latest update.

August 2021 release (version 10.4)

• Lightroom Classic crashes on launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate