Copy link to clipboard
Images that are exported from LRC 11.2 and then uploaded to Adobe Stock lose the exported synonym keywords. This also occurs using the LRC Adobe Stock Publish App.
Steps to reproduce:
Expected result: All of the keywords and synonyms should be recognized and uploaded.Actual result: Only the keyword without synonyms is recogniozed.
The Adobe Stock publish service has other bugs with keywords as well:
I use Adobe Lightroom Classic to upload to Adobe Stock, via the publish service. With my latest lot of photos, it has only included the typed in keywords, and not all the additional keywords (synonyms). These are still correctly showing in Lightroom in the 'will export' box, but have not turned up as keywords in Adobe Stock for submitting. To limit the number of keywords in my catalog I make extensive use of synonyms, so really need to bring these over too.
Is there a new setting I need to change, and if so where is this? Or is it a new way of working (I've only just upgraded to v11)? Or is it a bug?
Once the issue is established can I force the latest set of images to republish with the complete keywords?
Thanks for your time!
While not a bug against Lightroom Classic, we do have an issue filed against this with the Adobe Stock team.
I wonder if the issue is there then. I just tried a work-around. I deleted the images I'd sent via the publish service from stock before submitting. I then exported them from Lightroom like I would for a different stock agency, including all metadata (not as a hierarchy). I can clearly see all of the keywords in Windows (including the synonyms, which look equivalent to the typed in keywords). But when I uploaded to Stock using the upload option instead of the link to Lightroom, it still had the lower number of keywords.
Whether this is because it remembered the images or something else I don't know - as how would it distinguish between the two once exported? Maybe tomorrow I can try it with a new image.
I did manage to succesfully copy and paste in the keywords from Windows Explorer to one of the Stock images, so may take that unwiedly route for now.
This also is my situation. I think Adobe uses a bitflag to maintain the keyword order. Unfortunately, this bitflag prevents the Adobe Stock upload function from recognizing the synanyms. At least that is my theory.
If taht is the case, a work around might be to export the photos, copy the keywords into notepad, select and copy the keywords from notepad and repaste them into the photo, then upload them into Adobe Stock.
Notepad should remove any bitflags.
"This also is my situation. I think Adobe uses a bitflag to maintain the keyword order. Unfortunately, this bitflag prevents the Adobe Stock upload function from recognizing the synonyms. At least that is my theory."
I don't think that's the direct cause (I'm a plugin developer). The way that LR exposes the keywords to plugins (e.g. the Adobe Stock publishing plugin) is unaffected by the keyword order that LR now stores in the catalog.
More likely, the programmer who implemented the plugin just wasn't aware of how LR normally exports keywords and synonyms. The programmer also didn't know about the Include On Export keyword attribute: