• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens support Nikkor 16mm f2.8D with Nikon Z5 and FTZ

LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following on from our twitter conversation yesterday, regarding LR v9.4 support for Z5 with FTZ and the Nikkor 16mm f2.8 lens.

Please see the video for the issue.

Regards

Mark

ps I say in the video Z7, which is wrong it's the Z5

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were officially released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for this issue. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Thank you for providing the sample images.   We have internally confirmed the fix with these images.  The fix will be in our next release (not too long from now).  Thanks for your patience and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020
I just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue. A bug has been filed and engineering is investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 132 Replies 132
132 Comments
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verified here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to Camera Raw 12.4 and still the same issue in LRc 9.4 and PS 21.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest LR update to support Nikon Z5 works great on native nikon lenses.  So far none of my sigma lenses used on the Nikon Z5 with the use of the FTZ adapter will import into LR.  They will not import into PS either.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Referring back to the merged topic initiated by Celina and commented by Mark: I did update my FTZ adapter (1.10) but still have the same issue with Adobe not recognizing non-native (Z mount) lenses. I hope there is an update soon to fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with 2 Sigma lenses and 1 Tamron lens connected to the Z5 with the FTZ adapter. Updated the FTZ's firmware and mades sure LR and PS and camera raw were up to date. The native 24-50 lens I got with it is fine, its RAW files are readable by adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent a bunch of time getting bounced back and forth between customer service "Talk to Nikon" - "Not us, talk to Adobe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t bother chatting on tech support with adobe. After 5 hrs total and multiple agents they have said the issue is that my files are corrupted. From multiple shoots on different cards, on a brand new camera, and only happening with non Nikon lenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANGER
At least my person admitted likely an update is needed. I will just have to accept jpeg Fine until a fix is available. 
My local camera store suggested updating the sigma firmware too... but it is likely just adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is definitely an issue at Adobe's end rather than Nikon as the 'bad' NEF files open fine with my Windows 10 native photos application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, is the issue that NO lens mounted on the FTZ adapter is recognized by LR or ACR?  Or is the issue limited to 3rd party non-nikon lenses mounted on the FTZ on a Z5?  It would be easy to isolate the problem if someone could check against the latest version of Capture One, Raw Photo Processor, RawDigger.  If the files could be read by any of those other programs, it would implicate Adobe.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That strongly suggests Adobe?  Mac users have this issue too?  What about Adobe’s DNG converter?  This fail too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marc, Adobe has the link to this issue. They asked me to post here. They responded and said they have reviewed the issue and have discovered it’s a bug with LR and PS. They are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct. It is only limited to 3rd party lenses. In my case at least. Other programs open the files shot with the 3rd party lens on the Z5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue. A bug has been filed and engineering is investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Celina!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through 3 techs and one supervisor.  5 hours later, no help, and their official response to my case is that I had corrupted files.  In the future if I ever have an issue this is the best place to post.  Adobe said engineering checks this platform for issues often. I'm happy they are looking into it!  I can't wait to edit my images.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marc, yes the DNG converter also fails. (I am on Mac) I believe some of the Nikkor lenses are fine. I only have 3rd party lenses that are F mount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found three more lenses in addition to the Nikkor 16mm f2.8 Fisheye that Lightroom Classic v9.4 and Photoshop v21.2.2 with camera raw 12.4 does not support.

Camera
Nikon Z5 with FTZ lens adaptor.

Lenses
Nikkor PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED
Nikkor PC-E 45mm f/2.8D ED
Nikkor PC-E 85mm f/2.8D ED
Nikkor 16mm f2.8D AF

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick! Do you have a probable timeline when this issue will be resolved? I was curious since in a Nikon forum people were commenting that it would take a few months (minimum 2-3 months). That would be very disruptive if that is the case. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could give you an answer but there is no way to know until the issue is solved. However, we will post it here when we do know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pratik Goswami:  Takes time to do things.  There once was a definition of Crash Project  used in a lecture at one of the Research Labs. The speaker said that "a crash project is like having nine women become pregnant at the same time in order to have a baby in one month."

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a pretty good analogy! I totally get that these things do take time and appreciate the effort that goes on to fix them. Spending long hours in research labs myself have definitely taught that to me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate