• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Library zoomed view shows wrong color

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When zooming into an image in library mode, the color changes suddenly and differs from all the consistent colours shown in develop mode or library mode (fit image). I just updated to LR10.1 and appreciated other fixed bugs. I am using an external BenQ display calibrated to AdobeRGB profile using xrite. The images have Adobe profiles (AdobeVivid) applied.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
214 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not being cool, here. Not at all.

I'm sorry the facts have ruined your day. 

Facts are actually quite cool and useful, but in todays world, I can recognize why some can't accept them. 

So stick with additional facts when posting, WHO called you a lier and where? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facts?

The fact is that you are an N of ONE, Andrew. You not seeing the bug isn't the same thing as the bug being "rare." That is the fact, here, which you seem completely unable to understand. You not seeing the bug means only that you--ONE PERSON--does not see it. By the "evidence" you're providing (that you, personally, don't see it) the bug might well be the most common one Adobe's ever shipped, and the "rare" case is that it is not seen.

I just want the software I'm paying for to work. And yes, Andrew, the software not working IS a fact that is ruining my day.

Geezus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick You filed a bug just now??? The bug has been there for WEEKs, VERY obvious after a couple of clicks in any standard LR Classic workflow. Are you kidding us???

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact is that you are an N of ONE

None of the pre-release testers reported this bug, no one in Adobe Engineering did either. 

The fact is that you are an N of ONE too. 

You seem to falsely and with no data, believe there is this preview bug that affects all users, or all users on Macs etc. That is simply not true or factual. 

I have LR5 installed. It behaves on my system just as LR10 does with previews in Library. No bug here. Fact. 

Do you have any idea at all what the installed based of LR 10 is? Or the number of pre-release users who tested LR 10? No you do not. Yet you believe everyone suffers from this bug, that isn't true by a long shot. 

IF you want help or verification of a bug, instead of assuming so often, maybe get down to the bottom of your specific hardware and software to aid Adobe in fixing a rare bug you happen to have that many others don't

Or you can just complain as is so  often in the forums where users can do nothing else! 

“If you spend five minutes complaining, you have just wasted five minutes.” Anonymous

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You filed a bug just now??? The bug has been there for WEEKs, VERY obvious after a couple of clicks in any standard LR Classic workflow. Are you kidding us???

Engineering has been aware of this for weeks and weeks, that Rick stated he too has reported this isn't anything new really.

This is a very complicated, rare and difficult bug to knock down, like  Covid-19, at some point, it will be fully addressed and doing anything here but providing specifics as to the system hardware and software used on your specific system does nothing to aid Adobe in the fix. Want to help? Complain a bit less, inform Adobe a bit more of the specifics of what's causing this rare bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew, I think it would be best if you stepped away from this forum. As a tester, you are not really doing much to help with Adobe's image. You gave your two cents (that neither you nor the other testers encountered this bug, something which I assume is true of virtually every bug that ever ships with a product), and since then have added little except to antagonise already frustrated customers.

Rick has stated that he has successfully replicated this bug. Stop getting emotionally involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear experts and friends of LR, 

why is it so difficult to listen to users and accept that they have a problem which for at least some of them significantly impacts workflow. Luckily I am using LR just for non-professional use. I have followed very closely every update and version since LR2 and suffered from another bug in the Library Preview (banding artifacts) since quite a while which was never accepted although reported many times. Surprisingly that bug was fixed and replaced with this new color rendering bug. The new color rendering bug had never been in LR Classic before (starting from LR2). This new bug is unfortunately more annoying since it is obvious in many more images, likely happening always, but for some images more prominent than others. It was reproduced by many of us using different cameras and display profiles. How can some of you claim these issues are tiny, or extremely rare even if they don't see the issue on their system.  Mistrust? Do you assume we provide hours of time complaining just for fun? How many example images do you want to get from us? If you don't want to listen, why do you do? I still hope and assume that Adobe wants to listen and that this is the reason to host this user forum. Otherwise, simply stop doing so. Then users stop complaining and save time. We are spending efforts (not to forget the monthly fee) hoping we can influence some decisions to fix bugs. We appreciate Adobe's commitment to further support LR Classic and accept that major parts of the team needs to focus an architectural rework to get LR up and running on new processors. What drives us nuts is to get ignored, or worse, being rewarded as stupid users who just want to complain for whatever reason. 

I can only speak for me, but I still like the LR Classic concept and want to continue using it. Personally I already got much more functionality than I need and would appreciate a consistently stable and state of the art performing LR.

I am leaving  this thread now. Not worth spending more time I fear.  Keeping fingers crossed that it will be fixed sooner than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew, I think it would be best if you stepped away from this forum.

Request denied.

Rick has stated that he has successfully replicated this bug.

Because a bug exists and no one has said otherwise. This bug doesn't affect everyone by a long shot. Now why is that, and what can those who are affected do?

1. Report the issue and ALL system info. 

Useful. 

2. Bitch and complain. 

Not useful.

Stop getting emotionally involved.

Stop assuming. Please! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andrew_rodney Rare bug??? I just did a clean reinstall of Big Sur on 2019 MacBook Pro 16 and the bug is there all right. It is present on ALL Big Sur Macs with wide gamut displays with the latest LR Classic. It is in no way rare!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rare bug??? I

Yes, do you know what the words rare and bug mean? 

You don't know the installed base of the product or the number of pre-release users who never encountered this rare bug. 

It is NOT present on ALL Big Sur Macs with wide gamut displays; I have seen no such bug here at any time. Nor did anyone using the same kinds of hardware when conducting beta. Those are the facts. 

Again, I'm sorry the facts and this rare bug have affected you but since you've provided zero reporting of specifics about your system and hardware, you'll continue to see this bug until you decide to step up and aid in the fix instead of just complaining and wasting so much of your time and that of others. 

It is in no way rare!

Do tell us then the number of installed systems that exhibit this specific bug; the floor is yours again to assume. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this same issue exactly, after recently updating to Big Sur 11.1 and LR 10.1.1. I have never had this issue before and like others it is in Library mode only. The colour shift is a pretty significant shift towards green when zoomed in to an image - it does not happen in Develop mode. I use a 27" iMac Retina 5k 2017. I really hope Adobe can fix this bug soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), Big Sur (11.1) and Lightroom 10.1.1.

When zooming into a picture in Library module Color profile seems to change into a much more flatten one.
That's not happening on Develop module.

Waiting for a bug fix on that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me on my 2019 MacBook Pro 16", running Big Sur. This happens whether I use the stock ICC profile or my ICC profiles generated with X-Rite i1 Display Pro Plus. It happens on the MacBook display, as well as external display. It happens whether the external display is connected or not. It happens whether GPU acceleration is enabled or not. I couldn't find any workaround. Also, this never happened with previous versions of Lightroom.

I also want to point out that this bug exists in the Print panel as well, and it shows up when the option "Zoom to Fill" is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@valentino_zegna_baruffa The print module was never properly color managed, ignore it. It's only useful for FPO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Witnessing this as well. Library view renders some images as if they have been desaturated. When changing from Develop to Library view with the 'G' key, you can see the image in grid view rendered correctly at first and them switch to a desaturated look. Makes it impossible to trust color balancing across multiple images -- a critical function for the Library view.  Resizing the Lightroom window causes some images to re-render with correct colors, but others change to looking flat as resizing occurs. No reliable way to enforce correct color rendition in the Library module as far as I can find. This is happening in Big Sur 11.1 with Lightroom 10.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have having major shifts when zooming in ,in the library module. All seems ok till I get to about 70% on the slider and then it looks like I'm looking at an aRGB image in a non color managed environment. This is a bug for sure. MacbookPro 15 2018  Big Sur 

I have built new profiles for my Dell monitor but it has not helped. I also noticed that the color changes when I move the image from the Dell to my MBP screen and then back again - it's like it gets unstuck! Weird

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue/bug here.  Very disruptive to work flow.  Hope Adobe reads this forum and has fix for next update.

I'm on Desktop Mac 2020 (not M1 chip).  Running Big Sur latest release.  

Came here because the color disparity completely disrupts work flow.  Was trying to compare photos to see how Lightroom, Luminar AI and Topaz Sharpen Ai all handle sharpening on a single photo and zooming in it blows out the color.  Displeasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar thing happening here, but slightly different. Library grid view shows photos slightly less saturated than when previewing in Loupe view in the Develop module. Impossible to keep my photos consistent when editing and displaying show two completely different levels of colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix with yesterday's updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple released an update to Big Sur (11.2) which may affect this issue.  Verify you have installed the Big Sur update and that you are running Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 (Help>System Info…). 

After you have verified you've installed both updates, restart your computer from a complete power off, review this issue, and see if it is still occurring.  Please report back here to verify you no longer see or continue to experience this issue. 

Thanks!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rikk

I tested this and doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Still occurring with Big Sur 11.2 and Lightroom Classic 10.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a strange fantasy that Apple update will fix a bug in LR! Its your field Adobe. Big Sur 11.2, latest LR Classic - the bug is still there alright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk, also no change and still buggy on my machine (MBP16 2019), 2.3GHz i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500 8GB) both on BenQ SW271 and on internal display.

Votes

Translate

Translate