• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Library zoomed view shows wrong color

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When zooming into an image in library mode, the color changes suddenly and differs from all the consistent colours shown in develop mode or library mode (fit image). I just updated to LR10.1 and appreciated other fixed bugs. I am using an external BenQ display calibrated to AdobeRGB profile using xrite. The images have Adobe profiles (AdobeVivid) applied.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
214 Comments
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why do MacOS updates reduce the seriousness of the problem? You need to get over everything being Adobe's problem and Apple being perfect. Apple produces buggy software just like EVERYONE else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Katrin_serova, I don’t try anything, you can take a deep breath and relax. Big Sur could be one small part of the problem, I personally find the color deviation not as strong as it was before this Os update.

Maybe the type of picture (no studio, less vivid and contrasted) I’m creating now are less sensitive to the bug(s).

As you can read my original post was edited few hours ago.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated and it did not fix the problem. Adobe, WYA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a LR bug and will be soon fixed by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andix Can you provide further information regarding the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no idea it was that bad. There are too many good competitors out there nowadays and, IMO, there's no real reason to stay within the Adobe ecosystem other than the fact that we've already established workflows within it. I'm already in the process of switching over and leaving Adobe since, in the past couple of weeks only, I haven't been able to get a solid answer from anybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alan_aubry  The update changed nothing, the color shift is just as bad as it was before, you are imagining things or trying to misinform. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is fixed. But NO ONE here can provide a timeline due to NDAs when you'll get it. . 

There really isn't anything else to say. 

Oh, well OK, one thing; in your current version, the preview in Develop at 1:1 and the same image in Photoshop at 100% should match exactly. So yeah, what happens in Library will be dealt with (has been), but if you are editing images, you really, really should be doing this in Develop since even with the bug fixed, the preview architecture in Develop differs from all the other modules and is and always was, the most accurate preview of the data. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andrew_rodney , the only measure determinig whether a problem has been "fixed" is whether that fix has been shipped.

A fix that isn't shipped, that isn't in any customers' hands, isn't a fix. It's a rumor. It's vaporware. This endless gaslighting is exhausting.

Mostly because it's unclear to me who you even are--whether you work for Adobe, or whether you're an unpaid volunteer of some kind, or something else. Are you Adobe's official spokesperson, here?

And geezus, why is that even a question, here? Can't we just have some actual clarity? Can somebody who's actually on Adobe's payroll identify themselves as the source-of-truth and give us a real delivery date? Or is that honestly too much "service" to ask from the $620/year I'm paying for Adobe's "software as a service"? 

You know, Lightroom isn't shareware. It's not a "community project." It's a dozen-year-old commercial brand that nets Adobe hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue. Professional people get paid to develop it and test it, do they not? Where are they? If I wanted to (or had time to) participate in some half-baked volunteer software barn-raising party, I'd be running Darktable or RAW Therapee on Linux. The whole point of paying for Lightroom (and the Creative Cloud) is the service of getting a finished system that works and can be deployed in a professional shop as delivered. 

This is whole thing is both ridiculous and completely unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been shipped. To some here, to test. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andrew_rodney, you remain deeply and spitefully unhelpful--whoever you are, whatever your nebulous role is.

Now back to my question, which apparently isn't addressed to you:

Can an actual Adobe spokesperson please tell us when functional library module color--which we are currently paying for--will be shipped to customers who aren't in the super-double-secret @andrew_rodney club?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He is only talking pre-release beta testing, hardly an underground spy colony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's appreciated that anything color related as an issue sounds like it could be ICC related - this has literally nothing to do with profiles. It happens regardless of monitor, and regardless of profile set. It has to be a bug within LR - fit to view has a different color cast than zooming in or going to different modules... I also have the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. normally starts after sleep or  the screensaver. I have a screen recording of the issue. it's pretty consistent.

M1 Mac mini 16gb ram, 256 ssd.

LRC 10.1.1 CR 13.1

Screenshot20210304at11.07.48-e301b506-0934-401d-a27c-d165205f8b3e-516293741.jpg
Screenshot20210304at11.07.44-34e5ff73-b83d-46df-828c-83433161fd1e-512599657.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Preyen Moodley

do you mean to say that right after reboot you don’t see the issue and the zoomed view is fine? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew, I'm having the issue too. I have the latest lightroom classic software and big sur. When I'm in the book mode and I zoom in on a photo the saturation changes ie the the colours become washed out. Really frustrating and will impact my books  I print off in Blurb. I will let them know the issue too as it will have a big impact on them if it affects all the books that are being printed. Looking forward to Adobe getting this fixed. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rick@tunespeak  Andrew, I'm having the issue too. I have the latest lightroom classic software and big sur. When I'm in the book mode and I zoom in on a photo the saturation changes ie the the colours become washed out. Really frustrating and will impact my books  I print off in Blurb. I will let them know the issue too as it will have a big impact on them if it affects all the books that are being printed. Looking forward to Adobe getting this fixed. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue too. I'm really noticing it in the book mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should not affect output. It is a preview rendering bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would great if Abobe could fix this. It worked perfectly fine before the big sur and the LrC 10.1.1 upgrade. Something is definitely as all I'm doing is make the picture fit the page and the saturation changes. Not great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks. Annoying as I have altered all the pictures so they look ok in the book mode! So now they all look way too saturated in Develop mode so as to compensate and make then look right in the book mode. Sounds like I'll need to change them all back again. At least the bug is acknowledged now (it is isn't it?). When do you think it will be fixed? Many thanks. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix is coming but I can't tell you when.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of LR Classic and Mac OS Big Sur seem to be having a compatibility issue. The images are showing correctly in the Develop module, however the preview of the image in the Library module is extremely de-saturated and "flat". It's only a certain number of images having this issue (not the whole library) and the ones having the issue change every few minutes. I have only had this issue since upgrading the LR Classic 10.1.1 and Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known bug, fixed for next release. It's been mentioned in the forums so don't be surprised if your question gets merged to existing posts about this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate