• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LrC Crashing when creating a mask

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past few weeks, LrC is crashing when I attempt to create a mask, any mask.  I have not found a workaround.

I am using Version 12.3 on a Mac Studio, which is also up to date.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

We've identified this bug as already filed in our system. A fix should be released shortly. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've identified this bug as already filed in our system. A fix should be released shortly. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The June 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the crash only when trying to mask people. If I mask Subject (that happens to be a person) no issues, but using the People AI mask it crashes almost immediately. I am on a Mac M1 Max Studio, 64GB memory, Ventura v13.4, LRC 12.4 (it fails on 12.3 as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this issue.  When I open the mask, lightroom crashes.  It doesn't matter which mask. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue to have this issue.  Lightroom Classic is crashing when trying to create a mask, any mask.  I have my computer and version up to date and am VERY frustrated that I'm still having this problem.  It has disrupted my workflow!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AMYM17 , could you please post your Operating System number and LrC number you are currently working with?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using macOS Ventura 13.4.1,  Lightroom 12.5, Camera Raw 15.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*** RESOLVED ***

An update to my previous post of June. I had previously been doing some studio work, and was tethering my camera to LrC. I had been annoyed with the constant requests to re-start LrC with Rosetta (which is necessary when tethering), so I had set the app to always use Rosetta. The performance hit was negligable so was not of concern to me. At that point I forgot about it and moved on. In troubleshooting this issue when it came up months later, I tried disabling the forced use of Rosetta and my crashes went away! Subsequently, I have turned it on/off multiple times and confirmed this was the issue. It only affects Masking AI on people. No other masking AI scenarios caused a crash, even if masking a subject that happened to be a person. Seems like a bug Adobe should fix, or fix the requirement to run LrC under Rosetta when tethering completely.

I'm on a Mac, and to check this out do the following:

1. Open Finder window

2. Go to Applications folder

3. Find the Adobe Lightroom Classic executable "Adobe Lightroom Classic.app"

4. Right click the executable and in the menu select Get Info

5. Under the General category look for the checkbox entitled "Open using Rosetta"

6. Selecting this will force LrC to open using the Rosetta app, de-selecting will open LrC without.

Hope this helps!!

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm still having this problem with masks crashing LR classic 13.0.2. it was intermittent previously but now select subject seems to consistenttly crash LR from either the mask window or the create mast tab. selecting brush mask also crashes sometimes. have tried keeping the select subject window closed but doesn't help.

using LR 13.0.2, camera raw 16.0 on a Macbook pro M1 max with 32 gigs of ram. LR is set to use rosetta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded the most recent Lightroom Classic, 13.1 and it still shuts down when I try to create a mask.

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz

16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable) RAM

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 10 Enterprise

HP Elitebook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after more digging around support i may have solved my mask crash problem with this file and directions: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html#lens-blur

the DisableGPUInference file seems to have alleviated the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I also hava problems with any mask in Lightroom. When I select the desired object or space the mask turns black and it is impossible to edit them. What should I do? Please help!!!

Cheers

Teodora

Votes

Translate

Translate