• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LrC Second monitor blurry in Ver 10.2 Develop Module

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in the Develop module my second monitor becomes blurry.  This happened at the time of 10.2 update. I am running iMacPro and MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3.  Interestingly, LR system info incorrectly shows I'm running MacOS 10.16.0.

iMacPro 

64GB Ram

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

LG Ultra Fine Display 27in - Secondary Monitor

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 147 Replies 147
147 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this is a known issue?

I have two monitors connected to my macbook pro. One via hdmi. Two via thunderbolt. When I open Lightroom my library window is on monitor One. That image is always sharp. On monitor Two it's sharp until I hit 'develop' module. Then that image on monitor Two blurs. I noticed if I click on Library again monitor Two sharpens up again. But in develop if say i tap on clarity, exposure, contrast, texture, etc. it blurs again.

I've tried it with graphics acceleration on and off and it's the same.

And dang, I thought adobe had fixed the acceleration issue. Now it's worse. Before I just turned it completely off and lightroom was working great. Maybe I should go back a version? Can I do that? This blurring of the images on monitor Two never happened before.

Also, monitor Two is a more recent 27" nec that i use for print color and processing work. The monitor with my library on it, monitor One, is like 11 years old, another nec and still works fine for the library and all the controls in develop and print modules.

If it matters, my laptop is a 2015 mid-summer model. macOS is Catalina 10.15.7. 16gb of ram. Two graphics cards. 1. amd radeon r9m370x with 2 gb of video ram. 2. The intel iris pro 1536 mb.

thanks for any advice/help
Morris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short PS. I see via the creative cloud window I can revert to 10.1.1

Will my current, saved catalog play nice with this older version? I don't remember if 10.2 updated my catalog to something unusable if i need to go back?

thanks

Morris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you realize that Lightroom will only use one video card. You didn't mention the resolution of your newer NEC monitor but your 2GB video card can only support a QHD monitor. If the new NEC is 4K then you need a 4GB video card at a minimum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill.

My old monitor is a 2690wuxi. The new one is a PA271Q. They aren't 4k.

I've been using these two monitors attached as described to my macbook pro for years now. Never had any problem. I'm not even certain it's the last Lightroom update, but that is the only thing that's different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While folks on this forum like to blame all the bugs on Adobe, the fact is that MacOS has had some bugs that were fixed with MacOS V11.2 which were affecting Lightroom. That's the first thing I'd try. My wife's iMac is more stable with this update, in fact, no issues at all. Do not use 11.0 or 11.1, very buggy regarding Lightroom and Photoshop. 

People have reported success with 3GB video cards and QHD monitors like yours with Lightroom V10.2. V10 is making heavier use of the GPU but since you have the issue whether it is on or off, I would not suspect your video card. 2GB should be enough for a QHD monitor.

Lastly, though unlikely, there is the issue of your processor. You didn't mention (or I missed it) whether you have an i3/i5/i7 and the number of cores/threads. I had an i3 machine for a short period of time (Lightroom v9.?) and it would take quite awhile for an image to sharpen up. Make a change and another delay to sharpen. The i5 is just dual core and is rather weak for Lightroom though it seemed to be fine for Lighroom V9.. 

Well, lastly again; do you have anything running in the background chewing up resources? Start the activity monitor and see how much of the cpu is being used by Lightroom when these delays are occurring. I'd be suspicious of: antivirus/malware tools, open social media apps and Safari with a large number of tabs. Activity monitor will show usage by most applications but not anti-malware tools. 

And lastly again again, switch to single monitor mode to see if the problem goes away. You can leave MacOS working with dual monitors, just use only one monitor with Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, Bill. Thanks for all this.

I got frustrated, so I downloaded 10.1.1. Now it is working normally again. Now the images on monitor 2, my PA271Q are sharp. They never sharpened up using Lightroom 10.2

I did become afraid that maybe something was wrong with one of my ports or the processor, but it's not that. It's lightroom 10.2 as far as I can tell. At least on my machine and setup.

And for what it's worth, my laptop is a 2.5 ghz quad core intel core i7.

I will use this 10.1.1 version for a few days and report back. But right now it is working perfectly again. Oh, and I don't have the performance, graphics processor working. I kept that shut off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of strange since MacOS users reported far more problems with 10.1.1 than 10.2.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I did have problems if I kept the graphics acceleration on. With it off it works fine for me.

I'm still not sure why this blurring was happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brief update ; since I've reverted back to 10.1.1 i no longer have any problems with images blurring on my #2 monitor. I'm assuming the problem is with version 10.2 since my setup works fine with the older version of LrClassic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily.  There aren't any other reports I've seen of this behavior in 10.2. 

It is possible you had a bad install and that uninstalling and reinstalling 10.1.1 cured that. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk. Are you suggesting updating to 10.2 again with the idea that the first time I updated something went wrong?

I uninstalled 10.2 and went back to 10.1.1 so I could continue working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

short ps. I had been using 10.1.1 before with graphics acceleration turned off and never had this blurring issue until i upgraded to 10.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am suggesting is that problems that occur after an update which aren't being widely reported elsewhere are suspect. Not knowing the state of your machine at the time of 10.2 install, it is possible the issues are a result of a bad install. Uninstalling 10.2 and installing 10.1.1 and having 10.1.1 perform would be an indicator of this as much as it would just having the original 10.2  installation. 

At this point, without reproducible scenarios, it isn't possible to log this as a bug. 

If it were my system, I would perform a clean install of 10.2 before I did anymore troubleshooting.

Clean Lightroom Install Procedure

Close Lightroom

Restart the computer

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Lightroom

Restart the computer

Install Lightroom via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs.

Restart the computer

Launch Lightroom

Wait 5 minutes

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem. It started happening just after the most recent Lightroom Classic upgrade. I have a 2018 MacBook Pro, 2.9 GHz 6 core Intel Core i9, 32 GB memory, 2 TB ssd, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB. Second monitor is a BenQ SW2700. Running Lightroom Classic version 10.2. MacOS version 11.2.3 (Big Sur).

I use my MacBook as my primary Lightroom monitor. I use the BenQ window as my auxiliary. When I am in Library mode, images on the BenQ are sharp. When I click into Develop mode the images are fuzzy, particularly when I go to 100% image. This never happened before. Like Mr. Taub, I have tried turning off graphics acceleration and the issue does not change. This is very disappointing.

I have not downgraded yet. I have adapted my workflow for now but if this is not addressed quickly, I will need to downgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. This coming weekend I will give this a shot. See if it changes anything. Thanks Rikk.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the clean install that you described and it changed nothing.

The image that I am working on makes no difference at all.  In library mode with my prime display (my MacBook Pro) in grid mode and my secondary display (my BenQ SW2700) in loupe mode, if I click to go to develop, the image on the secondary display goes very fuzzy.  It is much worse if I then enlarge the image to 100%.

I had LrC do a system information display.  For some reason, LrC has my MacOS version all wrong.  I am running MacOS 11.2.3.  The listing indicates that I am running MacOS 10, version 10.16.

Lightroom Classic version: 10.2 [ 202103041821-226a1211 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-US
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.16.0 [20D91]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 2.9 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.34.0
Built-in memory: 32,768.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32,768.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 6,332.3 MB (19.3%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 18,030.8 MB
Memory cache size: 260.0MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.2 [ 738 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 3477MB / 16383MB (21%)
Camera Raw real memory: 3632MB / 32768MB (11%)
Displays: 1) 3360x2100, 2) 2560x1440

Graphics Processor Info: 
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 560X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I had LrC do a system information display"...can you explain how to do that please. I'd like to try with my computer.

Hi John. Sorry to hear you are experiencing the same problem as I am having with LrC 10.2.

I did have a feeling that Rikk's suggestion wouldn't change anything, but would try just to know.

If I've got the time next weekend I'll try.

But I suspect I'll be waiting for a new version to come before I upgrade from 10.1.1

It's great that the older version is available via the creative cloud window.

m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, John, I found it. System info under help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk. I tried your method to re-install. 10.2 still blurs out my images on monitor #2.

Reverted back to 10.1.1 and all is right with the world again. I'll be waiting for updates to 10.2 before trying to update again.

Hope adobe can take a look at this.

thanks

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, John. Followed instructions Rikk provided for the re-install. It changed nothing. 10.2 still blurs my images on monitor #2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Morris.  I am very surprised that this is not being reported more widely.

One commonality between your configuration and mine is the use of Thunderbolt to connect the monitor that is blurring.  Surely this should not be reduced to a hardware configuration issue but I see nothing else.

One other commonality - I do not use the connected monitor as my primary interface to LrC, preferring to use the laptop screen where the keyboard is attached to control LrC and use the second monitor to view and monitor my edits.  It is possible (probable?) that most people use the larger monitor to control LrC and do not see the problem.  Like you, I do not have any problem with blurring on my primary screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morris,

1) Does it blur on all images, or some specific images in the secondary monitor?

2) If it is specific, any information on the type of image, or whether those image contains any edits?

3) You said when you try to play with sliders like exposure/clarity it appears again. So is that momentary? Meaning, does it stay blurred if the slider is held and becomes sharp when the sliders are released? Or as soon as you move a slider it blurs out and never sharpens again?

4) Just to confirm, initially you have posted that issue occurs with both GPU acceleration On and Off. However in one of the reply comments from you above, I see that the issue is resolved if the GPU is off. Am I understanding this correct? To re-iterate issue is present only with GPU On?

Thanks,
Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am responding because I have what appears to be the identical problem as Mr. Taubman.  I am working with nature images from my EOS 5D Mk IV or my EOS R5.  The problem occurs immediately upon clicking into "Develop" - I do not need to do anything more.  It never clears up - it is not a timing matter.  This problem occurs with the GPU both on and off - no difference.  This occurs any time the images are moved into Develop, whether they have previously been edited or are newly imported from the camera.

John McAlister

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here (blurry zoomed image on secondary monitor),
after color shift in library when zoom image (resolved in last update)
new color shift in print module 😕

and now this blurry zoomed image on secondary monitor

think seriously to switch to capture One
Lightroom is a wonderful software but lots of bugs

PS: already, uninstall / reinstall / delete prefs / etc ...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images stay blurred. I've tried with raw files from my ricoh GR which are dng raws. Also raw files from an Olympus camera. I meant that any action I take to the raw, clicking to englarge it, changing exposure, clarity, contrast, the image blurs and stays blurred.

When I revert to 10.1.1 I can go back and open/work on those same images and they do not blur.

The issue is not resolved if the graphic acceleration is turned off. The blurring occurs with the gpu aid on or off using version 10.2

Sorry. I wasn't clear. I meant with the graphics processing off it solved my problems with 10.1.1. Lightroom was freezing, locking up with it on. I shut it off so I could work with Lightroom Classic.

These last two versions of Lightroom are the first time I'm having any kind of problems. The software has been flawless since the beginning. I've been using Lightroom since the first version. It's a bit disheartening.

Votes

Translate

Translate