• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Map Search is not returning a result

Explorer ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic on an M3 Macbook Pro running OS X 14.5. Since upgrading to Lightroom 13.3, searching in the Map module seems to have stopped working. When I enter a search location and hit Enter, the message "Searching" pops up for a moment, then disappears. The map remains unchanged; it does not move or place a marker at the searched-for location.

I am able to apply GPS coordinates successfully from Saved Locations. I'm able to use Google Maps in a browser without problems (so I know that my network connection to Google Maps isn't getting blocked). I have tried the "Switch to Library, then quit Lightroom, then re-open Lightroom" procedure that was a fix for some Map problems in earlier versions, but that doesn't resolve the issue. Multiple restarts of Lightroom have not resolved the problem.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Open Lightroom

2. Switch to the Map module.

3. Type in a findable location in the search field.

4. Hit Enter

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

Map should shift to display the requested location and indicate its position with a marker.

ACTUAL BEHAVIOR

The message "Searching" appears for a moment, then disappears. The map remains unchanged.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

I've checked Mac and Windows and can't get a search result either. I've logged an issue with the team. Thanks for the report!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 13.3.1, which incorporates the fix for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Lightroom Classic to 13.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom Classic. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
66 Comments
New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue.  Grinds my work flow significantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A "me too" reply. Ive now given up on Adobe. Combined with the sync issue i have a Lightroom install which is, for me, completely broken, and this isnt the first time. It's not thr instability that infuriates me the most, its the unresponsiveness of Adobe. Seriously thinking about dumping the whole ecosystem now. Enough is enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography 
I guess it is something happening in remote contact to the Adobe Servers. After I've installed the update of 13.3, it did work without any issues for some time. I've done several tests. This said, I consider it is not a bug in the Desktop software itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be right. Sometimes Lightroom will not load a map at all and I get
a message that it can't load Google maps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sometimes Lightroom will not load a map at all and I get a message that it can't load Google maps."

That often results from a long-standing bug. See here for the easy workaround to avoid tripping over it:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-map-module-not-working-11-3-1-on-some-window...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't give  be up just yet. If you can sort out your sync issue you will find that 13.3 is actually very good. I reckon it's faster than any previous versions and I've been using Lightroom since version Lr1.1 and I have a 10 yr old desktop.

The map search bug is annoying but even though I use maps a lot it's not that much of an issue for me.  The places you are trying to find are usually where you have been taking photos and it's usually quite easy to find places by just scrolling around the globe. When really stuck google maps comes to the rescue.

Not having the search feature has actually improved my geography a little 😜.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same problem. I hope Adobe will fix it soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fwiw, the adobe's map servers are now down.  Just checked on 30th of May, 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Fwiw, the adobe's map servers are now down.  Just checked on 30th of May, 2024."

LR uses Google's map service, and as of 5/30/2024 9:38 am UTC-7, it's working from both my Mac and Windows computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe software quality is amazing bad.

First, simple automated test should catch that bug before release 

This bug is known for a week now and no fix. 

It just shows that software development at Adobe is somewhere in 1980s.

We should get our money back for this month!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  Not only that, but Lightroom's search functions do not follow industry standard SQL query language and are limited in functionality.  I have complained about it for years, but Adobe does not care.  I once heard their director of software deveoplent say he did not use key words and did not think they were important.  I am guessing his photos are of limited scope so it is easy to find the ones he wants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tras la actualizacion 13.3, el módulo mapa dejó de funcionar. De vuelta a la versión 13.2, la barra sigue sin funcionar. Contactado con el departamento técnico, aún no han dado con la solución.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What part of the map module stopped working? Please be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lo digo en el título: La barra de busquedas de módulo MAPA, no funciona.

FjCaero_0-1717173883098.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Como digo en el título: La barra de búsqueda del módulo Mapa no funciona. Cuando pones una ubicación para realizar una búsqueda, no sucede nada, no muestra ningún resultado..

FjCaero_0-1717174056669.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "As I say in the title: The Map module search bar  does not work. When you put a location to perform a search, nothing happens, it doesn't show any results."

The translation to English was a little ambiguous, but your screenshot clarifies you're tripping over a bug in LR 13.3 acknowledged by Adobe:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-map-search-is-not-returning-a-result/idi-p/1...

See here for an inconvenient workaround:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-map-search-is-not-returning-a-result/idc-p/1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly this same issue but in version 13.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completamente de acuerdo contigo. No es la primera vez que Adobe comete errores que te hacen perder el tiempo y desbaratar el trabajo realizado durante muchísimo tiempo, dejando el catálogo practicamente inservible, pensando que el problema es de la configuración de tu equipo y con una falta de atención desesperante.

Este mes de mayo va a ser la última vez que Adobe recibirá el pago de mi cuota.

Bye Bye Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Esta vez no sirve. 

Llevo tratando con el servicio tecnico de Adobe varios días.

Me han vuelto loco, siguiendo las indicaciones del servicio técnico:

- He desinstalado la última actualizacion  13.3 (perdiendo el catálogo actualizado).

- He instalado la versión 13.2,

- Me han hecho realizar una limpieza con la herramienta de limpieza Creative_Cloud_Cleaner_Tool,

- Instalado la versión 13.0

- Vuelta a instalar la 13.3

No me han solucionado nada, como resultado de todo esto, el catálogo hecho trizas y mi paciencia también.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Map search stopped working in May 2024 update of Lightroom Classic on my system (Windows 11). Does anybody have an idea? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I now found a thread with the same issue. It is a bug in Lightroom. I hope they fix it ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate