• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Nikon D4/D800 nef file cannot be imported

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

made a bunch of photos with the new nikon d800. 2 out of 14 nef files cannot be imported with lightroom 4 while the other 12 import fine.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012
To be specific: still pictures taken in the Live View "Video Mode" cannot be imported into Lr 4.0. However, still pictures taken in the regular ("Stills") Live View mode can be imported fine. And of course, pictures taken in regular shooting mode (not Live View) can also be imported fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012
I believe what you have is a known issue. If you shoot stills in live view video mode, those NEFs will not import. We are working on a fix for this problem. Thank you for taking the time to report it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
30 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing more, I get the message "unsupported file type" in all "account's"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it's been a year since you've posted this reply. I had this problem with my D800, shooting stills in live view mode. Do you know if a solution has been found? Many thanks! Chelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, It's been a year since you posted this reply, I have Lightroom 5 and my NEF stills shot in Live View Mode are not imported. I hope you can help me. Many thanks! Chelin Miller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chelin,

If you are using a DX lens on your D800 and shooting in Live View Video mode, you will need to wait for the next Lr dot release, which will enable proper import for those NEF files.

If you are using a FX lens on your D800 and shooting Live View Video mode, you should already be able to import those files into Lr (be sure you have the latest version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, Eric 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate