• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Notifications for likes & comments & sorting by last comment time fails

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notifications for likes and comments in shared albums (public synced collections) don't appear in LR 13.4 -- there are no yellow badges.  And sorting by Last Comment Time doesn't work.   (A previous report for the lack of badges in LR 13.3 and 13.3.1 is marked as Fixed.)

Here are the steps I took and screenshots of the results:

1.  In LRC, I created a public synced collection "Test Sync" and added four photos to it.

2. In LR Web, I marked the second photo with a like and the third photo with a like and a comment (photos sorted by capture time).

3. After waiting for the sync to LRC complete, the likes and  comment appear in the Comments panel. But there are no yellow badges and the thumbnails are not sorted by Last Comment Time (the second and third photos with likes and comment should sort first and second).  View > View Options > Cell Icons > Thumbnail Badges is enabled, as demonstrated by the GPS badges on the thumbnails.

These screenshots provide all the evidence:

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 1.00.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 1.00.32 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 1.00.39 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 1.00.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 1.01.03 PM.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

No longer reproducible.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnrellis,

We have tried this issue internally, but could not reproduce the issue. We are able to see the badge and sorting works fine. 

With 13.4, the change made is yellow notification wont appear for comments /likes made by the same user from any other client. If the comments / likes made by someother users, yellow notification appears.

But the icon on image thumbnail appears for all the comments / likes made (Even from the same user). 

This could be due to some refresh issue. Could you pleae try adding comments from someother user or relaunch LRC and let us know.

If the issue persists , please share the diagnostic logs with us.

Thanks,

Vidhya S

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vidhya, 

Thanks for clarifying the new behavior in 13.4. 

I repeated the original steps above, and the misbehavior with missing comment badges and Sort: Last Comment Time no longer appears. Compare this screenshot (correct) to the original above (incorrect):

johnrellis_1-1720559751920.png

The original screenshot showed something obviously wrong, but the misbehavior no longer occurs with those steps.

I then redid the test using another account, and it behaves as you described. I added comments and likes from a different test account (to 3.heic and 2.heic) and then from my main account (4-3.jpg and 1.jpg):

johnrellis_0-1720559376960.png

The badges appear as expected for the comments/likes from the other account, and Sort: Last Comment Time worked correctly taking account of all the comments and likes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnrellis,

Thanks for your quick testing and updating us. This really helped.

Thanks,

Vidhya S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No longer reproducible.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very much reproducible on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm still seeing this. Notifications appear in the Web interface, but not in Lightroom Classic. I've optimised, restarted and tried new likes after this and not seeing the yellow text which was a vital part of my workflow. Older yellow badges still exist, just new ones are not being added, even with a test user account doing likes via a different browser. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate