• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print module list of page sizes doesn't update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic's Print Module, the Page Setup pop-up menu that lets me select a paper page size no longer changes when I switch printers. This used to work (I have been printing in LR for years) and I can still print to the printers. I just can't tell LR the page size I want.

I have no issues in other apps (PS, QImage, etc) which correctly show me the list of supported pages sizes. Indeed, LR seems to know about the options as the "Printer..." dialog has a Scale to fit paper size option that is correct. It just looks like the Page Setup list of print sizes never gets updated and stays on the "Any Printer" default list.

I'm on a recent Macbook Pro M3 running current Sonoma (14.4) , latest version of LR (I tried deleting, re-installing, installing prio version, rebooting laptop, updated print driver, and anything else I could think of to no avail). Main printer I use is a Canon Pro 100, but same issue on another printer. And as I say, PS (etc) has no issues.

I can partially get around this with custom page sizes, but I can't trick the printer into doing borderless prints that way.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

5/09/24: (Update)   Anecdotal reports indicate that Beta 4 of macOS 14.5 corrects this issue. 

Previous:
Note: We are tracking this internally but are dependent on the OS manufacturer to supply an update. 

This thread will be notified when there is a change. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

With the release of macOS 14.5, this issue should be fixed. Please update your Macs to this version of the OS.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
120 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Perhaps this will help someone else. I spent 90 minutes on the phone today with a helpful Adobe support person. My two issues are priting from LRC - cannot print a 13 x 19 photo (Printer notices the job, does nothing and then reports finished).  Additionally I'm unable to see all of the paper sizes that should be available in the print driver (Epson 13.05). Specifically, the Cassette #1 holding my 4x6 printer paper is grayed out in the print driver / print options / print settings box.

We tried several things including an earlier version of LRC (13.1) with no success.  He reached out to his resources who stated that "this is a known bug right now" and basically I need to wait for the update. No ETA on the update nor a confirmation if the next update will fix this or not.  But, at least I was able to identify that this is an Adobe issue and they are working on it.  Ideally, this will help someone else.  FYI I can print successfully with other software to these print sizes; that was Epson's recognition that "likely this is an application level issue with Adobe". 

Hopefully a fix is on the way; but perhaps this will help someone else seeing the same issue and prevent additional work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue just commenting to hopefully get an update when it's fixed. 

Mac OS 14.4.1

LRC 13.2

printing to DNP printers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got back into printing, loads of A3 & A3+ paper that cannot size when I use with Lightroom but works fine in On1 photo 2023.

Hope a fix comes soon as prefer Lightroom to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I'm trying to print from the print module in light room classic. When I go to the page setup to change paper size to 4x6 there is no option for that size. I have never this problem before. Does anyone else have this problem. Does adobe know of this problem.

thanks for any info available 

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,
You'll probably get a lot of responses to your post about the printing
problem with Lightroom Classic. It is definitely a problem that many are
having with the print module. I was told by one of the Adobe support
people online that the problem is a bug in the software and that Adobe is
working on it. That's as much information as I received from Adobe so far.
There are print workarounds. I've been printing using the print feature in
Photoshop which still works. There are other options that others can tell
you about. So we're all just waiting and hoping for a solution to the
problem soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have 14.4.1 on a Mac Studio, Lightroom Classic 13.2, everything is up to date but all my print sizes that I use have vanished. Even tried setting up a "custom" 5x7 and all I get is wrong printer tray type error.
Just at a time when things are getting busy and this happens.... frustrating is an understatement.

Appreciate some guidance on a fix...

Thanks in advance.

[moved from bugs to discussions according to the community rules - Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an Apple Sonoma 14.4.1 issue, which has already been discussed at:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-print-module-list-of-page-sizes-doesn-t-upda...

You can find more at

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255525511?sortBy=best

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/page-setup-paper-sizes-missing.49781/

Note that your post will likely be merged into the first linked thread above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michel,

Try Epson Print Layout in the meantime (till there is a an update from Adobe), works pretty good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been having the same issue since I updated to Sonoma 14.1. This morning I thought I would try a Mac Public Beta and updated to Sonoma Beta 14.5. It seems to have worked. Image 5-6-24 at 10.24 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's encouraging, please keep us informed if this keeps working for you. Not ready to take the plunge into a MacOS beta as the epson print layout has become one of my favorite plug-ins.

**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.4), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE
**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series
**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)
**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke to adobe tech. They were very helpful. Dial into my computer to see my problem and we found a work around which works.
Went a made a user defined template for4x6
Which then let me change the cell size which I could then make 4x6 which works fine
Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bit the bullet and can confirm that this issue appears to be addressed in Sonoma 14.5 Public Beta. Two minor issues/annoyances, which might not be new:

1) Since I no longer needed my own 4x6, 5x7, 17x22 custom sizes, I used Manage Custom sizes to delete them. They stayed on the list until the Page Setup dialog was closed. Next use of this setting box, they were gone. Maybe it was always that way, just a little confusing. And likely it's the same in all apps.

2) I picked a 4x6 borderless page size for my Epson SC-P800 from the newly restored full list of sizes (not one of my custom sizes). The preview in the LR Print module showed a tiny sliver of white at the botton of my portrait print. I thought I had some settings wrong but couldn't find anything. This was only an on-screen artifact, it printed edge-to-edge, top-to-bottom with no paper white showing.

**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.4), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE
**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot of the LrC artifact in Print:

White margin in Print Module - prints edge-to-edgeWhite margin in Print Module - prints edge-to-edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's build of Sonoma 14.5 is showing all the expected page sizes. What's confusing is I was on the Public Beta, did a check for update and it simply said macOS Sonoma 14.5 was available. It doesn't say RC, which was the expected build for today. And it seems to only be available to systems running the public beta, not systems running 14.4.1.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 12.48.40 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-09 at 12.49.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded the offical release version of Sonama 14.5. This seems to have resolved the missing paper sizes, however, the problem with saving printer presets has NOT been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get notification for an update as I checked earlier and nothing. Thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Russell - Just checked for updates:   Apple  Logo | System Settings | General | Software Update. Update was listed so installed it as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the release of macOS 14.5, this issue should be fixed. Please update your Macs to this version of the OS.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just installed MacOS 14.5 and confirm all the expected paper sizes including borderless are available to me.  

Yea!

Votes

Translate

Translate