• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print Module, Page Set Up Crashes Lightroom Classic V 12.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. I ran across this issue yesterday, 6 Nov, and I'm not sure who (Adobe, Apple, Epson) is responsible for t/s and fix- it is frustrating. Simple to explain - fixing is another issure entirely.

I'm using a 16" 2019, Intel MacBook Pro w/32Gb Ram. I upgraded to MacOS Ventura and Lightroom Classic v12.0.1.  Going into Print Module and trying to select Page Set Up crashes Lightroom. I tried restarting the computer, resetting LR Preferences and turning off GPU Acceleration to no avail. 

Do the LR Print Module, Page Set Up and Printer Settings, pull their input from the printer manufacturer drivers? Again, I'm not sure who is responsible or even how to go about troubleshooting/fixing. Any help/advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have two projects for customers in work - I should have known better than to upgrade this soon.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Update 03/29./2023:

Apple released version 13.3 of macOS Ventura which contains a fix for this issue. Please update your Mac to version 13.3 and let us know if you continue to see the crash on Page Setup. 

Thank you for your patience

Moving Status back to Investigating - this is not a Lightroom Classic bug. Resolution will require a future update to the OS.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Apple has fixed this bug. Update to Ventura 13.3 to obtain the fix. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 277 Replies 277
277 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Studio, OS Ventura 13.1, LR 12.1.; Epson Surecolor P800

When choosing paper size in Print module, LR crashes immediately.

It works and prints fine when using a template but i'm am not able to choose a paper size, any size, without LR crashes. The consquence is there is no way to print an image other then using a template. The crashing only started last week after printing some 250 pages for a calendar using a template and about 100 holiday cards also using a template.

I have:

* installed the latest drivers for the P800

* uninstalled and reinstalled the printer via system preferance.

* reset LR's preferances

* run First Aid on this computer

In LF, if i export to Epson Print Layout, it will print just fine.

Oh, i spent 2 hours on Chat with Adobe tech; we decided it was a corrupt catalog and i used a recent backup which worked for one day and then the crashes were back.

Does anyone have experience with this problem? All and any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<branched>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Canon-Printer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem since November and a opened LR yesterday and it does not crash when i go into page setup Tried again todya still working

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What versions?

LRC 12.1 and Ventura 13.1 still crashes on Page Setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Tag,

ich verwende LR Classic 12.1 auf MacBook Air M2 mit Ventura 13.1.

Bei jedem Versuch die Funktion "Seite einrichten" aufzurufen stürzt LR sofort ab. Das passiert sowohl im Druckmodul wie außerhalb der Druckfunktion. 
Bereits versucht: Cache vergößern, Ablageort der Kataloge usw., komplette neue Installation mit neuem Katalog, alles ergebnislos. 
Kann jemand helfen? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sie sind im richtigen Thread, aber es gibt keine reproduzierbare Lösung von Adobe oder Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vielen Dank - mein Beitrag wurde zum Glück hierhin verschoben und so konnte ich die Fehlersuche nachlesen und weiß nun dass nur Warten hilft, dass Adobe und Apple tätig werden. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

here two videos showing the crash, the first one when using the button, the second when using the menu item:

https://youtu.be/MHhe0ht6UTo

https://youtu.be/PxNXYo9YeF4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to macOS 13 Lightroom crashes when I click on page setup or print settings. This happens when I'm in the print dialog so I can't select the proper paper, size, printer and etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 03/29./2023:

Apple released version 13.3 of macOS Ventura which contains a fix for this issue. Please update your Mac to version 13.3 and let us know if you continue to see the crash on Page Setup. 

Thank you for your patience

Moving Status back to Investigating - this is not a Lightroom Classic bug. Resolution will require a future update to the OS.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While engineering are investigating the Print Module could you ask them to look at why itsn't possible to save print presets for Media Type and Color Settings in Print Settings within Printer Options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I'm running a 2017 iMac Pro with 128 GB of ram. Ventura 13.1, LrC 12.1

My problem started right after installing Ventura 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still happening. LRc 12.1 macOS Ventura lastest version.

Uninstalled all printers and printerdrivers. 

Used Onyx

No luck. 

What a waste of time. This should be something very common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confess I am starting to feel rather defeated, and I'm wondering if I'm going to have to redo all my work using something else, in order to get prints made. An I over reacting? I'm not sure ... it's been two months now. What are others doing in order to print if you have unique templates set up that no longer work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(An edit button would sure be lovely! You know, of course, that I meant "Am I over reacting?" not "An I ..." but I feel the need to point out my errors.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding that Epson Print Layout  (EPL - https://epson.com/epson-print-layout) works well and can use the paper profiles that are used in LR. Still learning how to use it but am impressed how well it matches the monitor's colors. Give it a try and see how it works for you.

And yes, i've sorta given up on LR Print module; none of the suggestions i've read have worked on my computer and as EPL is doing the printing as well as LR, i'm becoming happier by the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that information, Taiyosan. I make greeting cards, so I need to be able to print, upside down, my name and card information on one end of the card stock, and the image, right side up, on the other half of the sheet. Do you know if that's possible with Epson Print Layout? (I know I should just investigate this on my own, but if you have info already that would be great.) 

I'm still yearning for Lightroom to work: I have multiple templates set up, and have saved hundreds of prints so I could easily print up box after box. I had no issues printing until moving to Ventura and the new Lightroom version. I'm certain it's a combo of those two things that are causing all the issues. (Lesson learned: do NOT update the OS or LR until I read up on issues!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pattyoboe, i haven't tried what you are writing about so i can't comment on those possibilities. However, i use RedRiver paper templates which continue to work in LR and the templates are free from RR. While i use RR paper for those cards, you can write on the back end of the card in addition to printing the photo on the front, you can use whatever paper you like as the template will accomodate a variety of paper sizes. And, i think if you play around with the Epson layout, you may find you can do just what you'd like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use Red River paper, Taiyosan, but I had created my own templates (I like a narrower border). I guess I'll see if their templates work for me, but I can't imagine why those would work and mine wouldn't! That would add yet another mystery to all of this. I'll also see if I can figure things out with the Epson option. That being said, I do pay that monthly fee to Adobe so I hope they fix the whole issue! 

I'm wondering, too, if others are having the printing issue I've had: using my own templates that I've used for years, the images print off to the side. (This is what I fear will happen when I try RR templates as well.) It's not just the Page Set Up that is an issue. It's more than that. I'm pretty darn sure it has a lot to do with Apple updating the OS and having a new printing menu (which I think is rather cumbersome and ugly, but no one asked me!). 

Stay tuned ... I'll post my results when I set up a Red River template print and give it a go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see in this thread in earlier posts that others have reported similar issues with lay-out. And yes, I agree wholeheartedly: the print-menu is ugly, clumsy and bloated compared to the earlier version.

I first experienced this problem many weeks ago, I reinstalled printer driver etc etc and can print now, but lost my custom print settings in the process, nor can I save any custom settings.  Not something I'd wish on those who have many for professional use.

I am shocked that we still do not know what caused this and who is responsible, and that there is no news about solving the issue-and it is not a minor issue!-two months after it was first reported. I posted the problems I experienced in the middle of November! and I wasn't the first. My guess is the culprit is Ventura but with the 13.1 update it apparently has not been sorted - so apparently Apple doesn't feel called upon to do something about it. IS anyone trying to sort it out at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running on the public beta 13.2 of Ventura and this is still not solved here. I actually think it even started for me when I installed 13.2....

The only way around it, and this isn't perfect, is to go to "Printer..." and then in "Paper Handling" turn the "Scale to fit paper size|" toggle on and select the right paper size you want to print on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP here. Update: Due to life events I've not been on LR much since I originally reported the issue in November. 

After resetting LR preferences and updating to LR 12.1, I succesfully printed a few images and thought the update solved the issue. Last night, 15 Jan, I had to print a few images for a customer and realized my User Print Templates were missing due to the previous LR Preferences reset. I found/copied my backup templates and dumped them in the appropriate folder. I restarted LR, attempted to enter Page Setup and, again, the crash returned. I, frustratingly, tried several different start sequences to see if anything would fix the issue - half a dozen restarts later the problem mysteriously disappeared and I was able to enter Page Setup without the program crashing. Problem: I don't know what I changed, and in what sequence, that positively affected the outcome.
Please forgive my lack of the correct technical terminology, but just a wild thought - I have three printers: Epson P800, Epson 3880 and an XP7100. The XP7100 printer is set as the default (for documents) under Printers and Scanners in my Mac's System Settings. My saved print presets (paper/ink, etc) are specifically set up for the P800. The Epson Print Driver options change when you select a different printer; I noticed that upon LR restart, the Print Settings occasionally default to the XP7100. Obviously, the saved presets for the P800 wouldn't be available for the XP7100. Could the disparity between selected printer/and saved presets be causing the Page Setup crash? Again, I know nothing about coding, if this is even possible, or if/how these variables may apply to others having the same issue.

When I get enough time I will try and troubleshoot/document each step. But, at the moment, my LR is not crashing - not holding my breath, though. I do have more to print in the next couple days, so we'll see if the issue returns. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this too. You don't need a video to respond. 

All I do is click on 'Page Setup' and Lightroom Classic crashes. That's it. Nothing else. 

... but interestingly it crashes with some catalogs, but not all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate