• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Undo" sometimes undoes the second-previous action

LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2011 Jun 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love LR, especially the UX and workflow, but I've been running into a very frustrating problem since upgrading to LR3. In version 3.3 on MacOSX 10.6.7, the "undo" operation often undoes the thing *before* the one it was supposed to undo. This happens when I perform multiple actions quickly (usually with keyboard shortcuts) and hit "undo" pretty soon after (within a few seconds). This happens to me pretty often (every 5-10 minutes). Examples:

- I'll start in the Grid view and then change modules with "D" and drag a slider down, then hit "undo", and it takes me back to the Grid view but keeps the slider change (instead of keeping me in Develop and undoing the most recent change).
- In some cases, I actually lose a complicated change, as when I make several changes with sliders, then make a change I don't like with another slider, hit undo, and it will undo one of the ones I *did* like (which I can't recover) and keep the one I didn't.
- Another example is when I play with some slider, holding the mouse down while I try a bunch of different values, and then decide that no change was better at all. Rather than try to get the slider back where it started, it's easier to let go and hit "undo". When I do that, LR often leaves that change in place and undoes the *previous* one (which I can't automatically redo).

This has been reported by a few different people on both Windows and MacOS here:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/3721003

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this bug as well. The workaround seems to be to wait till the respective entry appears in the history list. Not ideal since the delay between seeing the change in the image and the corresponding history entry to appear can be quite long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've logged a bug on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue was fixed in Lightroom 5 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate