• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P : Selected Published Folder or Collection is not deselected if a folder is selected

LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Note from John R Ellis: This was reported fixed in 2015.8, but there have been numerous reports of the symptoms coming back since then: See later posts in this topic.]

It may sounds confusing, but when I select one collection or a published folder and go back to Folders and pick up one folder, Lightroom does not deselect that collection or published folder and I can not go back to that collection until I select another collection.A folder in Folders section is deselected when a collection or published folder is selected.I'm using LR CC 2015.1.1

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018
Hi All,

This issue is resolved in latest Lightroom Classic CC release 7.4
Please let us know if you still face this issue. Either on Win or Mac.

Also it would be great if you could let us know the exact steps if you still face it.

Regards,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
66 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The highlighting of selected sources doesn't always update properly on my LR 5.7.1 / OS X 10.9.5. Here's an example:

1. Click on a collection to select it as a source:

Untitled2_inline-332a064e-e0c0-4f27-8d2f-9e7af7fa03af-675387364.png

2. Click on a folder to change the selection. The collection is still highlighted even though it is no longer selected:

Untitled3_inline-58423746-a9eb-4bc7-8bdc-734d59ea8605-1362668083.png

Moving the mouse into the Collections panel partially updates the highlight:

Untitled4_inline-f6952aac-2a56-446e-906b-5354aa62faf9-894265925.png

Hovering over the previously selected collection completely removes the highlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rodrigo,

At least in my case, this is a bug in how LR displays the currently selected sources -- internally, LR has made the desired change in selected sources but just hasn't displayed it properly. When it happens to me, if I hover the mouse over the previously selected collection, the highlight goes away indicating that in fact it is no longer selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This problem was present in LR 5, has been already reported but has never been fixed until now.

1. Switch to the Library module, folder mode, and view a folder's contents in grid mode.
2. Now switch to the collection mode.
3. The last viewed collection name is highlighted in the left pane but the viewing window is still showing the grid corresponding to the previously viewed *folder*.
4. You have to select another collection and then re-select the previously "active" collection in order to change the contents of the viewing window.

Other users have noticed the same behavior. The same issue also appears in a similar way in Development mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happens for me in CC 2015.3 / OS X 10.10.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do Help > System Info and report the exact LR and operating-system versions. (The Adobe updater often fools people into thinking they're on "the latest" version.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a former developer. When I say "not fixed in 6.3", I'm sure that I'm running 6.3/CC 2015.3. Anyway, this bug is bothering us since version 5.

Lightroom version: CC 2015.3 [ 1052427 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Operating system: Windows 7
Version: 6.1
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3,4 GHz
Built-in memory: 12255,1 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 12255,1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 416,0 MB (3,3%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 387,8 MB
Memory cache size: 149,7 MB
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1200, 2) 1600x1200
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that in many circumstances, there's no synchronization between the viewing window and the highlighted source [a collection] in the left pane. This can happen in the Library and in the Development modules. The synchronization occurs only when the source collection is changed.

Also, I'm unable to determine when a collection name is highlighted when switching to the collection mode. This obviously happens when I right-click an image in folder mode and use the "Go to collection" command. But this also happens under other circumstances which I can't exactly determine and in that case, I find myself with an highlighted collection name in the left pane and a grid showing the contents of the previously viewed *folder* in the viewing window. Clicking on the highlighted collection name has no effect until I eventually click on the name of another collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another user experiences the bug: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2090655

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still exists in LR CC 2015.6.1 / OS X 10.11.5 / MacBook Pro Retina Mid-2015. It occurs often (but not always) with one of my catalogs, but I can't reproduce it with other catalogs.  The bug occurs even after resetting preferences.  I can provide a copy of the catalog if requested.

See this screen-capture video for an example: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21811200/collection-selection-bug.2016.08.23.mov

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,5

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP114.0172.B09

SMC Version (system): 2.30f2

Lightroom version: CC 2015.6.1 [ 1083169 ]License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.11 [5]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 2.8 GHz
Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 404.9 MB (2.4%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 811.2 MB
Memory cache size: 21.7 MB
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Displays: 1) 2560x1440

Graphics Processor Info: 
AMD Radeon R9 M370X OpenGL Engine

Check OpenGL support: Passed
Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Version: 4.1 ATI-1.42.11
Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 M370X OpenGL Engine
LanguageVersion: 4.10

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom
Library Path: /Users/john/Pictures/Lightroom/Test/Test.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/john/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins: 
1) Any Comment
2) Any Crop
3) Any File
4) Any Filter
5) Any Preset
6) Any Source
7) Any Tag
8) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
9) Auto Crop
10) Debug Script
11) Export LUT
12) Flickr
13) jb CaptureTime to Exif
14) jb Search Replace Transfer
15) jf Flickr
16) jf Run Any Command
17) jf Zenfolio
18) Sequence By Time
19) Slide Tag
20) SmugMug

Config.lua flags: 
AgTether.heartBeatIntervalNoCamera = 6000
AgTether.heartBeatInterval = 6000
AgConfiguration.atYourOwnRisk.allowNetworkCatalogs = true

AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 512
AudioDeviceName: USB audio CODEC
AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
AudioDeviceSampleRate: 48000
Build: LR5x102
CoreImage: true
GL_ACCUM_ALPHA_BITS: 0
GL_ACCUM_BLUE_BITS: 0
GL_ACCUM_GREEN_BITS: 0
GL_ACCUM_RED_BITS: 0
GL_ALPHA_BITS: 8
GL_BLUE_BITS: 8
GL_DEPTH_BITS: 24
GL_GREEN_BITS: 8
GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS: 8
GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS: 16384,16384
GL_RED_BITS: 8
GL_RENDERER: AMD Radeon R9 M370X OpenGL Engine
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 1.20
GL_STENCIL_BITS: 8
GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc.
GL_VERSION: 2.1 ATI-1.42.11
OGLEnabled: true
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_element_array GL_APPLE_fence GL_APPLE_float_pixels GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range GL_APPLE_flush_render GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_row_bytes GL_APPLE_specular_vector GL_APPLE_texture_range GL_APPLE_transform_hint GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422 GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_ATI_blend_weighted_minmax GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_SGI_color_matrix GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug was first reported for LR 5.7.1, and at least 5 people (including me) have reported it.  I'll merge this topic into the existing bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

[Using Windows]

Here is how to reproduce:

1. Library module | Grid View. Go to a collection and select an image.
Right-click on it and "Go to Folder in Library". LR displays the contents of the folder.
3. Do what you have to do in that folder and return to the Collections panel.
Since the selected image already belongs to the already selected collection, LR doesn't change anything to the display. It is still showing the contents of the folder. Now you can start making big mistakes since you think you are working in the collection but you are actually working with the folder.
5. To fix the problem, you have to select another collection and then return to the target collection.

Already reported multiple times since 2 or 3 years. They still don't care. I'm still upset because I'm continuously making mistakes because of this. Fixing this bug would take about a few minutes, I guess. This is probably not challenging enough to raise the interest of any developer at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In LR I'm using a folder structure to import my pictures.
When I select the last folder in my structure (in this example it's called "20160730_areuse_boudr...") and I move to the collections and select "Tauchen - Boudry - Areuse", the folder stays selected (please see my printscreen):
RackMultipart2016082528926c7pn-053d463c-ec83-4996-9a65-5aacba1fec56-109913329.jpg
Doing a mouseover deselects the folder.

This only happens when I select the last folder in the structure.
The issue is reproducible since LR version 5.x.

I'm using LR 2015.6.1 on Mac OS X 10.11.6.

Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contributors to a previously merged topic may not have noticed that I posted a screen video-capture of the bug, and that I can supply a test catalog that reliably demonstrates the bug: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-selected-published-folder-or-collec...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, 

Let's send me a test catalog. Can you pop it into Dropbox?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the catalog folder, including the .lrcat and .lrdata: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21811200/TestLRCatalogforfeedbackbug.2016.08.26.z... . I didn't include the photos themselves, but can do that if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, in my screen video, note the particular photo that is selected throughout the demonstration, 06-09-2012_SFA_SC_TWT_I00010001.jpg.   Don't know how sensitive the problem is to which photo is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can dupe this with your catalog John. I will file a bug.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey

Unfortunately, this issue has not been addressed by today's update.

In LR I'm using a folder structure to import my pictures. When I select the last folder in my structure (in this example it's called "20160730_areuse_boudr...") and I move to the collections and select "Tauchen - Boudry - Areuse", the folder stays selected (please see my printscreen):
RackMultipart20160920130978qn3-5e641bea-6462-49dc-a386-4edf3b4e2ddf-514950998.jpg
Doing a mouseover deselects the folder.

This only happens when I select the last folder in the structure.
The issue is reproducible since LR version 5.x.

I'm using LR 2015.7 on Mac OS X 10.11.6.

Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2015.7 under Windows 10 doesn't fix the problem either. Simultaneous selection of 2 items in the left panel is still possible.

RackMultipart2016092035351thwd-a0079919-3037-409a-843a-77306d6cb18f-1987159127.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem should not be marked as solved. It is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It got marked back to "In Progress".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I've asked the team to investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce this in my LR CC 2015.7, so at least this particular instance appears to have been fixed (compared to other other instances reported here as not fixed).

Votes

Translate

Translate