• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tamron 150-600 not recognised in developer module

LEGEND ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.5.1: Nikon D750 with Tamron 150-600/5-6.3, nef file converted to dng upon import, library module recognises and displays correct camera and lens information but developer module is unable to identify lens automatically for correction despite having a respective profile from Adobe, Tamron 70-200/2.8 would work flawlessly, fix would be very much appreciated - Thanks, Stephan

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016
This should now be fixed as of the CC2015.6/6.6 update released today. You can find more details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/06/lightroom-cc-2015-6-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
16 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Lens Correction panel, Profile Section, with the Enable Profile Corrections box checked, can you select the lens and camera combination in the Lens Profile Section?

If so, select the Camera, Lens and Profile, then go to the Setup: pulldown and select Save New Lens Profile Defaults. Try another image. Is it automatic now?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload an original raw file (NEF) taken with the lens that doesn't match the correct profile to www.dropbox.com and post a public download link in a reply, here, so someone can take a look?  The 150-600 profile has been supported for Nikon since LR 5.3 so a couple years ago, and sometimes lens firmware updates cause a lens to become unrecognizable, again.  An example image would be useful to determine this. 

Can you also try importing just an NEF w/o converting to DNG and see if the lens profile works, that way we know if it is something with the lens or the DNG Conversion that is causing an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides saving new lens profile defaults, you'll also need to set Default as the custom default Lens Setup instead of Auto.  To do this, start with a new image without any adjustments, change Lens Corrections - Lens Setup to say Default, then press the Alt/Opt key click Set Defaults... and choose Update to Current Settings.  Having done this in conjunction with Rikk's instructions, should make the lens profile now selected for new images upon import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tamron lenses generally never automatically matched up with external lens profiles for one main reason. The profiles do not contain lens IDs by design, and by request of Tamron since they often use the same ID as a native lens (Nikon in this case). I found a way to work around that which required some internal code changes in ACR/LR, so this will be resolved in a future release. The one exception is Tamron lenses on Sony bodies. There are no reasonable ways to differentiate between Tamron and native lenses on Sony cameras (at least as far as I know).

Stephan, please (if possible) upload a sample image (NEF) as Steve suggests and I will confirm the fix works with your images.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast replies and suggestions. I will upload the image and check the suggestions over the next two days. Currently busy at work. Regards, Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,
Hi Steve,

Please give me a hint how / where to upload a photo. The comment section only allows JPG, PNG, GIF and max. 2MB.

Thanks. Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my previous post I say what to do.  Upload to www.dropbox.com (create an account if need be) and post a public share link to it, here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

So sorry. I rushed and overlooked it. Please find the links attached. I used OneDrive, hope that doesn't matter, I don't have a dropbox account.

Appologies and best regards
Stephan

DNG
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C4DE3BE7AD9FDB86!1132&authkey=!APohwNjMUKd2DWU&ithint=file%2cd...

NEF
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C4DE3BE7AD9FDB86!1133&authkey=!AIbFetzQh-j-oI0&ithint=file%2cN...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I check the box to activate lens correction within the developer module I get the error message that it was not possible to identify a suitable profile automatically. If I choose Tamron as manufacturer the correct profile A011N is picked straight away. This indeed confirms what Chris wrote.

Best regards
Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three profiles listed:  VC A011E and VC A011N seem the same and non-VC A011S.  I am not sure why there are so many versions but maybe a specific profile isn't being used because Adobe cannot tell which of the three (or at least of the two VCs) it should be.

If you look at my reply to Rikk's and his, earlier in the thread, you'll see how to have LR default to the right lens instead of saying None by customizing the LR Lens Setup to Default instead of Auto and also saving profile you choose after clicking Tamron as the Default profile for that lens in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VC A011E (Canon EF), VC A011N (Nikon F), and A011S (Sony A). The profiles are generated by Tamron from lens design data and we (Adobe) make some minor modifications before including them in the products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephan,

I have confirmed that the fix I am working on to enable Tamron lenses to automatically match lens profiles works on your NEF file, because lens names are not written in EXIF for third-party lenses on Nikon, so we fill it in and that is one factor that enables the match.

The DNG already has a generic lens name baked into (via conversion to DNG with the current implementation) it so the new code will honor that and not make the change/match the profile because we cannot reasonably disambiguate that from a Nikon lens with the same lens ID without unintentionally mixing them up. You can still work around this using custom lens profile defaults as Steve explained earlier.

When this new fix makes it to a production build, future DNGs will have the correct lens name inserted and that will enable matching for DNGs as well.

Hope that helps.

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E=Canon threw me off, otherwise I would have guessed. 

Is the non-filtering of profiles by camera make Tamron-specific behavior?

I never use the lens corrections in PS, but from your answer I assume there isn't any camera-make distinction between lens profiles, then, like there is in ACR/LR, or is this Tamron-specific behavior? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera make is not as important when looking up a lens profile against a source image. Lens metadata is the main thing used for this. Each lens vendor/camera body includes/excludes lens metadata differently, so we have to use custom code in some cases in order to help the lookup routine make an intelligent guess as to which lens was actually used to make the image. The Tamron case is not unique; it's a common issue with 3rd party lenses on other camera bodies. I've just recently figured out a reasonable way to work around the limitations (mainly related to lens IDs that I mentioned previously) to make auto matching work for that lens make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should now be fixed as of the CC2015.6/6.6 update released today. You can find more details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/06/lightroom-cc-2015-6-now-available.html
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rikk,
Hi Everyone,

thanks for the support. I can confirm that it works like a charm in Lightroom 6.6!

Brilliant.
Best regards
Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate