• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: White dot in bottom left corner

LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open adobe Lightroom for Mac there is a small white dot in the lower left corner of my Mac display. I freaked out the first time because even when I minimized the app it was still there. Thought I had a bad pixel or something. Terminating the app makes the dot go away. I even youtube'd recent videos of people using Lightroom and that same white dot is there. Anyone know what this is? Im assuming its a simple bug and am wondering if both Mac and windows users are experiencing the same thing. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017
This issue was fixed in Lightroom Classic (7.0 and later)

Votes

Translate

Translate
42 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the current version? I vaguely remember a similar issue to this in an older version. If you're still seeing this with LR 2015.10/6.10, please post a full resolution screen shot and the version of macOS you're running on. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I see it on Mac in full screen mode. We'll have engineering take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are able to see it here in Mac on Full Screen but not Windows. We will file an issue on it. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue using the latest version of Lightroom for Mac (2015.10). I thought I had a hot pixel. It disappears when I quit LR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, 2015.10 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here both normal and full screen. Thought it's a dead pixel or something. It also disappears when I quit LR. 2015.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, when my MacBook is plugged into my Apple Thunderbolt Display, the dot is still there, but it's not in the corner. It's about 3/4 of the way down, and about 20 pixels in from the edge. It does show up on a screenshot. Also, when moving a window on the desktop, it pauses on the dot as if there's another window there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffrey, any word from engineering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix the issue with the white pixel on the left bottom corner of the screen! I can see it always when the Lightroom is running (not only on the full screen). I even thought that my new display was defective and requested repair! So, it's serious issue that must be fixed as soon as you can!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the mirror mode I see it on the same place in that configuration (on the left bottom corner).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 months passed and so simple issue still wasn't fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, to be fair, it's not really so serious. Most people never notice it. It's a very minor visual issue.

The Lightroom development team(s) will surely have a TON of things they need to work on. I would not expect a fix before several months have passed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it causes false evaluation of display as defective then it's really serious and it brings valuable damage. But if you want to fix more serious issues first then fix Auto Exposure feature! It works wrong for years! 100% of images are overexposed after using this feature. It's so nasty to correct it manually EVERY time by so huge values like 1.00 or little less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto Tone is not a magic wand. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, which is, roughly speaking, to spread out the brightness values in the image so that they occupy the entire range from black to white, while more or less preserving the ratios between values. This does sometimes result in a too-bright image, but that's usually because all the values in the image started out bunched up against the left side of the scale — meaning that the image was severely underexposed and lacked highlights.

It would be really hard to write a program that would with one click optimize every image so that it looks perfect to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed answer! But ACDSee can do that. And you at Adobe can't? You shouldn't just fill the full range if it works bad for 100% images. Find any different approach.

For example, you can perform this step in different moment. Auto feature makes a lot of other corrections (by the way, it does it perfectly). Maybe they interfere with what you tried to explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not an Adobe employee! I was just guessing how Auto Tone works. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a new MacBook Pro and when I began using Lightroom, I saw the same thing and thought I had a bad pixel, too.  It seriously freaked me out for a second until I realized when I closed the program, it went away.  But still, I figured such a big company could work out small problems like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed the exact same thing, googled, and found this thread. It seriously hasn't been fixed in three months?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed the same issue on a brand new iMac 5k and freaked out. Seriously, Adobe can't fix one little pixel? I mean, I get that doesn't really affect anything within the program, but making people think that a brand new display is defective is kind of a problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on a 2014 Retina iMac. Just updated Lightroom today and white pixel is still there, right in the bottom left corner. Annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same dead pixel panic. Jeepers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so terrible that Adobe doesn't have bug report system, support and even enough developers... They released update today with the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently there were more serious issues to fix first. People could not use the map module anymore, for example. Doesn't that sound a little bit more serious than a white pixel on the display that does not affect anything else?
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...I see the same thing...scared me...LR 2015.12

Votes

Translate

Translate