• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Zooming not working in the map module, using the two-finger up/down or scroll wheel

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zooming doesn't seem to be working for me in the map module, using the two fingered up/down gesture on my MacBook Pro's trackpad.  I've been offline due a corrupted disk for a few weeks and had to restore my Mac from a TimeMachine backup, and now zooming's not working.  It used to work, and it still works in Google Maps in my browser.  Is this configurable somewhere, or could there be a problem with either Lightroom or some change Google's done on the backend that's affecting the map module?  It's really frustrating because all the alternatives are incredibly slow and clunky in comparision, and I've got a lot of muscle memory using gestures.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018
Hi,

it looks like Google has updated something on their side due to which the functionality is not working. We are looking into this issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it looks like Google has updated something on their side due to which the functionality is not working. We are looking into this issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just discovered the problem. I initially thought the tracker pad on my Mac was not working properly but it is clearly an application issue. Hope it and be resolved swiftly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me having the same problem. Trackpad zooming no longer works. Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 on MacOS 10.12.6 and MacBook Pro 2013 Late

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The zoom tool in the Map module no longer responds to scrolling with the mouse.

current version of LR

on mac

checked on two macs, each different mouse

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem in Lightroom Classic 7.5. In combination with the inability to drag photos onto the map to assign a GPS location it makes manual geotagging a real PITA. Fortunately most of my geotags are via a GPX track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem.  The map module is well due for a full overhaul. Navigating around the map should be as easy as using Google Maps, but at present it is slow and cumbersome.  I geotag all my photos so this is a lot more of an issue for me that perhaps it is to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 8.4 was released today and contained a fix for this issue. Please update to 8.4 and verify that you are no longer seeing the issue. Thank you!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is fixed for me.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks so much for fixing this, even though it took a long time. It was annoying every time I needed to zoom in or out on the map, which I do a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate