• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2-factor verification for client proofing

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use client proofing and the 2-factor verification requirement is getting in the way. I give my client a ready-to-use Adobe ID (email and password) that I created so they don't have to create their own and it asks them to enter the code that was emailed to that address, which only I have access to. Is there a way to avoid this? Otherwise it's not a viable option as far as giving my clients the ability to select and comment

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem. Using client proofing for many years and never faced any problem until today when the client asked for the code because of the 2 factor verification. Any advice someone? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than use your "ready-to-use Adobe ID", I might suggest you give them instructions to acquire their own Adobe ID (not a terribly onerous task.). An Adobe Account is free for anyone.

This blog may be of interest-

Collaborative Proofing – “Lightroom CC” thinking for a Lightroom Classic task? – Lightroom Solutions

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob for your reply!

You are right, clients can make an ID for themselves. I just think it is so convenient for them to use an existing ID. But perhaps this is the way to go now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you could set up a special email address against this Adobe account, which you could monitor so as to gain access to it yourself. Then set an auto-forward for this email address so that your client will immediately receive a copy of the emailed authentication code when necessary. When some different client needed to later use this same Adobe account instead you would ensure it was signed out. change the access password, and alter the auto-forwarding setting for the associated email account so that this different client will receive the authentication code in their turn.

But I would generally agree, far easier and simpler to just have the client make (or else use if they already have) their own Adobe account entering whatever email address they like. Then for any difficulties the client did have with signing in, they could turn to Adobe help resources rather than needing you to provide technical support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Richard for your suggestion, I will think about it. But maybe you are right by saying that clients should make their own account.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your comments. I agree it sounds easy to ask them to create an Adobe password, but not always. For example, I have a banking client and I frequently shoot environmental portraits and headshots for them. I send all proofs to the marketing director. She takes a look and then also sends the link to the individuals being photographed so they can have a say. Sometimes the individuals are very senior bankers, meaning they are quite busy and not necessarily tech savvy. Having them create a password and deal with two-factor authentication for a one-time shoot is at the least a nuisance for them and sometimes a real obstical. The "here's your username and password" option that until recently worked was great. The "here's your link now go create a username and password and then check your email and then come back and enter the code" option doesn't work for them. They can't even see the photos large without creating a username, which would at least allow them to relay the filename to the marketing director. Yes, I could send a second link for the view and share option, but sending multiple links to her is also not ideal. For something as basic as seeing and clicking on the photo you like two-factor authentication is overkill. This should be easier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines