• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2013 MACBOOK PRO CRASHING WHEN USING LIGHTROOM CLASSIC.

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop is a 2013 15in MacBook Pro with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB. I have Lightroom Classic installed.

After the latest update to Lightroom I began to experience frequent crashes whenever I used Lightroom.

I did a lot of research and found a tip that I should try turning off Graphics Accelaration in Preferences which I did and the problem went away.

Further research I found that Lightroom Classic no longer lists support for NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB!

There must be many MacBooks that use this graphics card so why arbitarly did Adobe just ditch that card?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What MACIS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know from what document you state that your descreate GOU is not supported.

This link provides some info

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

but I do not see lack of support for that GPU

That link does give pause, is your GPU working vua Metal as it should, or OpenGL as it should not?

Also see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines