• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

6.14 perpetual and 5D4 regular RAW (5D mark IV)

New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't seem to find a solid answer on this one.. Or maybe I'm just not understanding the info available. 

I have 6.14 because F subscription models. I'm renting a 5D4 and will just use REGULAR raw files out of it, NOT the dual pixel raws.. 

6.14 was released in December 2017, while the 5D4 was released in September of 2016.. So, in theory, the regular RAWs should be good to go, no? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can't seem to find a solid answer on this one"

Can't have looked very hard:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lr-6-14-and-canon-5d-mark-iv/td-p/99457...

"6.14 was released in December 2017, while the 5D4 was released in September of 2016.. So, in theory, the regular RAWs should be good to go, no?"

image_2023-05-09_204545230.png

image_2023-05-09_204403815.png

"because F subscription models"

Cute. You wouldn't be so bewildered if you weren't so narrow-minded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahahahahaahahhaaha. That's all i got. 

Thanks for the contradicting table that I've seen multiple times and a thread that I have not seen ever. 

Enjoy your high horse "legend", I bow to thee. 

And enjoy your dumb subscription model. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you have Lr v6.14 (that's six point fourteen, not six point one four) perpetual, per the ACR document for standard RAW for your Canon 5D Mk IV, you need at least LR V6.7 (perpetual). So, yep, it should work.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html#canon_note

with one issue as follows from that document

Note:

** See: Limitations with Canon Dual Pixel raw files in Camera Raw and Lightroom

P.S. as to confusion, blame Adobe, they fouled up product naming. The Lightroom you are used to, the one that is often called perpetual or stand alone has evolved into what Adobe now calls Lightroom Classic. LrC. currently at v12.3. What you see called Lightroom (Lr) now  days, is not your old copy but a different related product for those that want to work in the cloud, also called Lr Ecosystem, Lr Desktop (a very crappy name) nicknamed Lr Cloudy, and known to me as Lr POS. Lr is currently v6.3 and as such coincidentally confuses people with Lightroom perpetual 6.whatever.

Followup

By the way, welcome to the community. Sorry that your first experience with a member was rude. Most of your fellow members are nicer, and more supportive, and follow:

Adobe Support Community Guidelines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe I'm just not understanding the info available. 

By @87vr6

That's it exactly.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines