Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

7 profiles in my Camera Raw app Not in Lightroom Desktop on Mac

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the following 7 profiles in my Camera Raw app:
Adobe Color, Adobe Monochrome, Adobe Landscape, Adobe Neutral, Adobe Portrait, Adobe Standard, Adobe Vivid.

But I can't find them in the Lightroom Classic. I do have other profiles in the LrC. But just not these 7 profiles.

Adobe lightroom 4.4

Lightroom Mobile 7.3.0

Viewing same raw file in both

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

I upgraded the Mac to Big Sur to solve the problem of an outdated version of Lightroom Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also am using the Lightroom Adobe app from the
Samsung store which also has more profiles to use that doesn't appear in the desktop version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera was used to take that picture? 

Please clarify your post, as you mention Lightroom Classic a couple of times, but the screenshot is from the Lightroom Desktop app, not LrC. You also say you are using Lightroom 4.4, but the current version is 5.3....so are you not able to update to the latest version? It may be that the camera you used is too new and isn't supported in Lightroom 4.4. The Lightroom Mobile app you are using IS the latest version, so that would have all the latest camera profiles available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Mojave - so can't update to the latest version of you are right Lightroom Desktop App (I find all the different versions confusing) and won't update my operating system for now so I'm using the latest compatible - I'm also using the samsung ultra s22 phone which is very new - can i import the profiles ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't believe that you can import those profiles, they are built-in automatically as part of the app installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like i'm stuck for a solution then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like i'm stuck for a solution then

You can't update the operating system? That seems the simplest solution. Mojave is 4 yours old now and it is probably not a good idea to run an OS that is no longer getting frequent security updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - updating the operating system is not the solution - simply being able to export profiles from the mobile app would be great functionality to have...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those profiles cannot be exported or synced. They are built into current Lightroom versions and are not standard kinds of camera profiles. Adobe changed how profiles work and these are not like the profiles you might be used to. You need Catalina or later to be able to run the Lightroom versions that have these profiles built in so you simply need to update your operating version which will allow you to update classic and Lightroom desktop and get support for those profiiles. Except if your computer does not support newer operating systems than Mojave, this is the solution to the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Viewing same raw file in both"

Triple-check you really are editing a raw file (and not a JPEG) in LR Desktop by doing View > Info and looking at the file name. It's not uncommon here for people to swear they're editing a raw when in fact it's a JPEG -- by default, LR hides the file type.  The profiles Adobe* only apply to raws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's unlikely, John. If it was a Jpeg, the profile would simply be listed as "Color", but the screenshot shows the "missing profile" is Adobe Standard, which means the source image would have to be Raw. I don't think it's even possible to manually select a raw profile for a Jpeg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim Wilde, I missed that in the screenshot. I agree with your analysis -- it isn't possible to select a raw profile for a JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I upgraded the Mac to Big Sur to solve the problem of an outdated version of Lightroom Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines