• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

add option not working on import

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to import photos from an external hard drive through the "Add" option, it doesn't allow me, previous versions did allow it. Using Add is part of my workflow.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if a recent MACOS update caused the MACOS to see that external SSD as removable media, like a SD card. If so, LrC will not allow ADD. I think other members have had this issue, but not sure if MACOS or Windows or both.

Fairly sure, for MACOS this occurs under MACOS Ventura. (not for all SSD)

And it might have been fixed in a LrC update, what is your LrC version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already solved it with the comment below. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where can i find the solution ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access.... as it provides details on how to give LrC full access to drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please update for Ventura. These steps don't follow 1 to 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with Mac Os Ventura and LR Classic 12.2.

I already granted all the acces to Lightroom according the tutuorial below but the ADD option is still not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"I already granted all the acces to Lightroom according the tutuorial below but the ADD option is still not allowed."

It may be that Mac OS 13 is reporting the incorrect device type to LR. To see what Mac OS is reporting:

a. Start the Disk Utility app.

b. In the left column, find one of the problem external drives and note the exact volume name, e.g.

johnrellis_0-1678235365734.png

c. Start the Terminal app.

d. Type this command:

diskutil info "Miscellaneous2"

replacing "Miscellaneous2" with the exact name of the volume from step b, with the exact case, including any spaces in the name and the double quotes.

e. Copy and paste the entire ouptut here.

(The Disk Utility's Get Info command doesn't provide all the required information, so don't bother doing that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to import photos from an external hard drive through the "Add" option, it doesn't allow me, previous versions did allow it. Using Add is part of my workflow. 

I had the same problem and I solved it, but now with the 12.3 update, the problem has returned

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/add-option-not-working-on-import/m-p/13...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"When I want to import photos from an external hard drive through the "Add" option, it doesn't allow me, previous versions did allow it. Using Add is part of my workflow.  I had the same problem and I solved it, but now with the 12.3 update, the problem has returned."

If you're on Mac, then try these steps:

1. Look at the drive in Finder. Is there a folder named "DCIM" at the top level?  If so, rename it to something else.

2. Make sure you've granted Full Disk Access to LR:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

3. If those steps don't help, then follow the steps in this previous post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/add-option-not-working-on-import/m-p/13...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines