• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment brush icon not visible

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in Lightroom I cannot see the Adjustment brush icon below the histogram panel. Pressing "K" does not work either. Any idea how to solve this problem? I am a newbee, single to no experience with Lr and trying to study with an online course I bought recently. The attached screen shot shows what I am seeing in Lr.

Any help highly appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

The Adjustment Brush is now contained within the new Masks panel, which was introduced in LrC 11.0. To get access, you should press the circular icon on right side of the four icons in your screenshot.

BTW, the 'K' key should open the new Masks panel with the inital Brush mask already created.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see your screen capture, my web browser won't show it. You should include the screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "Insert photos" icon.

Please state clearly if you are talkign about Lightroom or Lightroom Classic, and also state the version NUMBER of your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Lightroom Classic version 11.1Mijn lightroom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adjustment Brush is now contained within the new Masks panel, which was introduced in LrC 11.0. To get access, you should press the circular icon on right side of the four icons in your screenshot.

BTW, the 'K' key should open the new Masks panel with the inital Brush mask already created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I can see your screen capture, clearly @Ian Lyons has provided the correct answer.

You might want to view some tutorials on the new masking panel, as there are significant upgrades, and the tutorials you are using (if they are before LrC 11) will not explain the new features. But the adjustment brush itself should work the same, once you select it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply and suggestion on tutorials. Will have to study still a lot....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply. Pressing the circular icon indeed opens Masks panel, but it is then still not very clear to me how I can operate the brush - would it be possible to send me some screen shots of next steps? Would be very helpful...

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressing the circular icon indeed opens Masks panel, but it is then still not very clear to me how I can operate the brush

You click the circle icon, and then click on the word Brush (or press K). At that point, the tutorials you were viewing ought to apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of the above, but when I click on the masking icon, it doesn't show the brushes! Every help I have found just keeps saying click on the masking icon and the menu everyone keeps showing isn't visible to me. I do not have the word "brush."  This is all that comes up. 

Screenshot 2022-04-28 090605.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information:

When I click on the create new mask, this pops up.

2.jpg

If I click on "brush" then this is the result:

3.jpg

I can't seem to get the actual list of brushes to come up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You actually brush part of the image and all of the masking tools and brushes will be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the 'Masking' panel docked under the Histogram, so you will need to scroll down to see the Brush Adjustment sliders in the panels below the masks.

Do not make the mistake of scrolling too far and viewing the 'global' Basic adjustment panel.

Brush Presets are still available on the 'Effect:' line of the Brush adjustments panel.

2022-04-29 08_44_29-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Also some users have been confused by the small white disclosure triangles that can either expand or collapse the Brush panel components.

In a 'Collapsed' mode the Brush panel looks like this-

2022-04-29 08_50_49-Clipboard.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After years of using LR, I still get puzzled with "new" features. I never used the retouching functions except for small things, since LR is/used to be incredibly sluggish as opposed to PS, but now I was actually braced to do so with a new workstation.

I masked the first image, yay, works quite well, but from there on I only get the hand tool in every picture after that. I also could name the first mask in the first image, but not the second, and no mask since then, until I restart LR, switch filters back on, etc etc etc.
Sometimes it works well, then I can't zoom and have to exist masking mode, afterwards the (empty) mask is gone or I get the hand tool, then I can zoom and suddenly only the brush size will change until I exit masking mode. Seems very fidgety. I may have to (re)learn a couple of things about LR, but as a PS/AI etc user of almost 30 years I find this quite unintuitive. If it weren't for the ever growing file size and necessary storage, I wouldn't bother, really...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have to (re)learn a couple of things about LR, but as a PS/AI etc user of almost 30 years I find this quite unintuitive. ... I wouldn't bother, really...

By @Corniger

Or you could view some tutorials, there are plenty of them. Including some linked to in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have several paid courses and lots of resources, but all deprecated. Still, seems buggy 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you follow the links providea bove you'll find that they are related to the 'new' masking features and cost you nothing to view.  A Google search will turn up many more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines