• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment brush need help

Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new LR11 brush is killing my workflow. Previously if I needed an adjustment brush (which I do on every image, all day, every day) I would just click the brush icon and it would pop up, already working with whatever the previous settings were. So it was a simple "1 click" to get working. With the new "improved" LR, it's now a 5 step process. 1) click new mask button 2) click brush icon 3) click on list of my brush presets 4) find my preferred preset in a list 5) slect the brush I need.

I need to get back to a one click option, this new workflow is killing me. Any ideas??

Signed,

Frustrated

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

First, make sure that Reset Sliders Automatically at the bottom of the adjustment panel for the brush is unchecked.

This will make the settings you have made stick.

To create a new brush, press K, which will open the Masking panel with a new brush.

When you're done, press K (or Esc) twice to close the panel.

image_2021-11-04_231800.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, make sure that Reset Sliders Automatically at the bottom of the adjustment panel for the brush is unchecked.

This will make the settings you have made stick.

To create a new brush, press K, which will open the Masking panel with a new brush.

When you're done, press K (or Esc) twice to close the panel.

image_2021-11-04_231800.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks, that reduces the process a bunch, now I'm down to 2 clicks! Appreciate your comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow, now I'm realizing that with the "K" shortcut that gets me there in one click again. You're my hero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your answer! This has helped a lot.

A follow up question though, from the previous iteration of LR Classic, I would be able to go to the next photo without even having to exit the brush tool (if I was doing Iris Enhancement for example), so I'd be able to use the brush tool very quickly without having to actually open up the tool when moving to the next photo. Is this possible on the latest version? It seems I have to exit the brush tool when finishing my adjustments, go to the next photo, and then open up the tool again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines