• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After updates, healing brush, visualize spot function not working

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A month or so ago I updated LRC to 12.2.1.  This evening I stitched a panorama and needed to fill in around the edge a bit, but found that the healing tool has stopped working.  I can select the area, and the healing fill shows up, but that's it -- the action never completes and the spot remains unrepaired.  Opacity is set to 100, I'm on Windows 10.

I just ran an update to 12.3, rebooted the computer and opened LRC -- the problem remains.  I opened another file and went to "Visualize Spots", and got the same behavior.  I did a lot of printing before Christmas with the previous version of LRC (11.x.x) and the spot healing worked as intended.  Any ideas how to fix this?  I thought the new update would overwrite the old install, but whatever is causing this is persistent.

Thanks,

Rick Popham

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @Rick Popham. Welcome to the Lightroom Classic Community. I need more info to help you figure this out.

Does this happen with standard images too, or just the Panoramic images? With Lightroom Classic 12 (October release), Content-aware removal has been introduced & when you open Heal tool, it is selected by default, and you have to switch to Clone or Heal. Check this to learn more: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2023.html

If this happens with Panoramic images only, use Fill Edges to fill the edges of the generated Pano image. Let me know if this helps. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Sameer.  I had to do a lot of printing at the end of last year, so I delayed updating to LRC 12.  I like to get important work done before I try out a new version.  So I only recently upgraded to 12 and wasn't aware of the changes to the spot removal suite.  I think a good part of my problem yesterday was that I didn't understand the changes.  I just went into several images and things seem to be working as they should.  It's odd that yesterday it seemed as though I couldn't even get "Visualize Spots" to work, but now it seems fine.  You're right about the Panaroma, of course.  I'll have to change the crop to fix that, or remerge the files and fill the edges.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines