Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after upgrade from menu, lightroom exits quickly after starting

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all,

It would be nice if I could get some hint to go further in the analysis of my issue..

i've been using lightroom 6 on my windows 10 6 bits for a while

recently i tried to upgrade from menu.... 'better' is the enemy of 'good', we all know that...

once upgraded, lightroom starts and quits after a few seconds....

oups let's reinstall from cd...  argh same behaviour !

the exact failure is :

lightroom is starting. there is no complaint about msvc runtime missing (no windows system dialog box). 

the application appears with menu, grey surrounded by black. No menu entry can be selected, nothing is clickable, mouse pointer is a blue circle. after a few seconds, the application leaves without any error.

opening windows event viewer, the following entry appears; it states about MSVCR110.dll, version : 11.0.51106.1

this dll appears in windows\system32 after having installation Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable 2012 (x64) update 4, 11.0.61030. this is the package that was coming on my lightroom cd.

when this package is installed on another computer, the same dll (same checksum) appears in same folder

of course i have rebooted after desintalling and reinstalling...windows update is up to date.

lightroom.exe put into https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies   does not show any error for missing dependencies...

would there be any way to monitor what is happening in lightroom just after application is launched by windows ? would running it under a debugguer be helpful ?

I know the role of windows\system32 and windows\syswow64 folders, i did not polluted them by putting there dll directly downloaded.

it's very annoying that upgrade from menu entry broke lightroom..

after desintallation of lightroom6, program asks to reboot.

ok after reboot, launching the installer, it says about a pending stuff that needs reboot.. that's just what i have done !

how to enquire about "pending stuff that needs reboot" advice showed by installer ? would there be something to clean that prevents successful reinstallation?

here is entry in event viewer : 

Nom du journal :Application

Source : Application Error

Date : 29/01/2023 21:21:35

ID de l’événement :1000

Catégorie de la tâche :(100)

Niveau : Erreur

Mots clés : Classique

Utilisateur : N/A

Description :

Nom de l’application défaillante lightroom.exe, version : 6.0.0.10, horodatage : 0x5523190c

Nom du module défaillant : MSVCR110.dll, version : 11.0.51106.1, horodatage : 0x5098826e

Code d’exception : 0xc0000409

Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000006d4e3

ID du processus défaillant : 0x9a38

Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d9341f456848c4

Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe

Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll

ID de rapport : bf6f45fb-f70f-4e82-a617-01b866c4e968

Nom complet du package défaillant :

ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Here's the download link for 6.14 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

Use the serial with the CD when installing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

recently i tried to upgrade from menu.... 'better' is the enemy of 'good'

Upgraded to what? To Lightroom pre subscription v6.14 (last published version pre subscription), or to Lightroom post Subscription, Lightroom Classic, LrC?  or to the post subscription Lightroom Ecosystem (Cloud Based) Lr. What version?

And if, you decided to subscribe to an Adobe Plan, what one? The Photography plan, or the Lightroom plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Goldling,

I act here as a proxy from my brother 😉 

from what he told me : he bought Lightroom on a cd from amazon, he does not have a special subscription. Thursday morning he tried to upgrade 'from the menu' ; was it the way to get  v6.14? . 

I dont know lightroom at all and i cannot run it any more to see the menu entry.. I was not with him when he did the action.  remote access on the laptop was setup and i try to give him some help.  from what i know, he has also Photoshop because it appeared in the Adobe tool (sorry i dont remember the exact name)

regards,

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the download link for 6.14 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

Use the serial with the CD when installing. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

installation went perfectly on my personal computer, next step is to do the same on the target. Many thanks for pointing me to the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello guys,

many thanks for providing link to something I was not able to know that I was looking for it 😉 

it's good news that Lightroom is back to production on the target computer. My brother said that you deserve a beer ! on my side I will take one, satisfied and happy that the problem is solved.

thanks again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines