Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Denoise Panorama

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Only started playing around with the new denoise feature yesterday. It's unbelievable.

However, I stumbled across a slight problem. I merged a panorama of about 7 images, all DNG no edit on them. Didn’t apply the auto settings from the panorama either. So that spits out a new DNG image for me, but doesn't want to run the AI denoise on it. I get that some formats won't work, as well as compressed DNGs etc etc. Am I wrong to assume all the necessary data is in the panorama to run the AI denoise? 

Would love to know why it won't work.

TOPICS
Experiment , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linear DNGs cannot be processed in Denoise; they are partially processed. Thats likely why some don't work for you. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Am I wrong to assume all the necessary data is in the panorama to run the AI denoise?"

To build on thedigitaldog's reply, the panoramas are "linear" DNGs -- the raw sensor data has been converted to RGB data prior to merging.  Currently, Denoise only works with raw sensor data, not RGB data.  See here for details:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/denoise-work/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just swap your two process steps:

1. apply denoise on the raw files as they only work with original raws while respecting the generic sensor behavior.
  2. them merge the denoised single images into a panorama.

also keep in mind that the panorama stitching includes a geometric treatment to compensate the original lens projection and to fit the new projection of the panorama during the merging process (either into a flat, a cylindrical or a spherical projection). so the original pixel pattern necessary for the Ai denoising isn't available anymore after stitching the panorama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines