• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI-Masking not working in Lightroom V12.0.1

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try and utilize the AI-Masking tool, it will not recognize a Subject, Sky or Background. When i try and Select Sky i get "No Sky Detected". For Subject, it just does nothing.

The Tools such as Brush etc... work, but LC will not automatically recognize Subjects, Sky or Background.

I have a AMD Gigabite rx 6700 xt with the latest drivers - so that is not the issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled various versions of the LC back to version 11. Rest of my Desktop Computer is reletively new and new hardware. Running Windows 11. 

This was working fine up an until about 2 months ago - been away for a while and just back to some editing and now i cannot use the Masking feature.

Any help appreciated. 

Rod.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

So, your GPU is a Radeon™ RX 6700 XT 12G via GIGABYTE, a very nice fairly new  (March of 2021) card with lots of VRAM,. 

As for latest driver? Is that the one that appears to have been released on October 28?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6700-series/amd-radeon-rx-6700-xt

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, your GPU is a Radeon™ RX 6700 XT 12G via GIGABYTE, a very nice fairly new  (March of 2021) card with lots of VRAM,. 

As for latest driver? Is that the one that appears to have been released on October 28?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6700-series/amd-radeon-rx-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks GoldingD, i went to that link, uploaded the latest drivers and thta solved the problem. I was innitally looking at the Gigabite website for driver updates, they did not help. However your lind did the trick.

Thanks for that. Rod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to mark your answer as correct, that way others looking for a solution can find it if they search for solved issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I have been having the same issue as above. I have Windows 11. I have GPU- AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics. Is this the same link that I would need to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jessie27300275kw3m, do the LR menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire contents here so we can see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH I have been trying to figure this out for months!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do the LR menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire contents here so we can see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if their is a big problem with the AMD Radeon RX 6xxxx series in LrC, and perhaps ACR.

see:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/masking-sky-subject-etc-not-functioning...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a recently introduced bug in the Radeon driver -- I recall a recent thread where someone rolled back to an older AMD driver (3 - 6 months old) to work around a problem.  I can't find that thread now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, a possible issue is what source the member looks to for the GPU driver, The seller (mfg?) of the GPU vs the maker of the chip set. Go to say Gigabyte vs AMD. AMD might be newer? Hmm, and that could be extended to say go to Dell, as opposed to Gigabyte vs AMD for the driver of an Gigabyte AMD Radeon GPU in a Dell computer. (not that the OP has a Dell)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all tried everything above, still the error message appears and masks do not work, they used to a while ago now nothing please help ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all 

tried all of the above and still no maks working in Lightroom classic even after the recent update, what makes things worse no support from Adobe or Lightroom to resolve this issue. consodering this is a paid for service i feel Adobe are now not full filling their contracted service (to offer a full and effective programme).

Can some one please resolve this issue or contact me directly offering a solution - legal proceeding coming down the line soon i feel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this posting is only a few months old, it is indicated as solved, hence many members may not encounter your inquiry.

I highly recommend that you post your own separate discussion.

When you do, please includes as a minimum:;

• Full description of what is going wrong
  • Any screen captures of error messages you run into
  • Your LrC version, is it v12.2? what?
  • Your OS, Windows? MAC?
  • Your OS version
  • CPU 
  • RAM
  • GPU make/model
  • GPU VRAM
  • GPU driver version.

To that end of providing System Info, clicking on Help then System Info (in LrC) , copying that, then pasting the appropriate parts in a reply, is helpful. 

Note that the problem at hand is typically GPU related, often involving the driver.

A few points about posting a reply in someone else's discussion, that can be problematic:

• Members looking to help other members might ignore solved posts
  • Members looking to help other members might overlook very old posts, probably more like 6 months, not just 2 or 3
  • Members might ignore add on replies where the author does not include at least OS info and LrC version
  • Members might ignore add on replies, where the author does not include system info requested by members to the original author, such as GPU make/model/version. 
  • While the above post is just one page long at this point, it is on the verge of getting longer. Posts that have similar inquiries to the related problem, if marked as solved, may be ignored by members not wanting to bother scrolling down and down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a rx6750xt and had the same problem. I 've desinstalled the driver and the adrenalin software and reinstalled the updated pilot without adrenalin and it works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines