• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to automatically watermark uploaded photos?

Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using the cloud storage adobe provides with the CC plan. Is there any way to automatically add a watermark to a photo when i add it to a collection that I've got automatically syncing to adobe ? I'd rather not have to export all these images just to add watermarks to them.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know it isn't possible. You can add a watermark only on export the appropriate pictures.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watermarks are only applied when exporting Images, which makes sense because you don’t want watermarks on your originals. I can see where it might be nice to have a watermark display over an image in a collection that is displayed publicly. That would require using code because the watermark would only display on the image, but wouldn’t actually be part of the image. This would be a good feature upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to admit I'm really surprised this isn't a feature available in the adobe portfolio. It seems like watermarking photos being used to showcase someone's work would be a fairly common, and desirable, practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about Adobe Portfolio, or about Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige  wrote

Are you asking about Adobe Portfolio, or about Lightroom?

I'm talking about lightroom.adobe.com - when I create a collection in lightroom and tell it to sync it to the cloud. I think it would be useful to have the option to have all the photos displayed there to have a watermark embedded in them. It seems very redundant to me for me to have to export an image with a watermark and then import that back into lightroom since at that point I'm basically just wasting disk space/cluttering up my catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work for Adobe, and don't have any contact with any of their developers. But it makes sense to me that that is why they used you the option of whether or not to allow downloads from Lightroom.adobe.com. Just a thought. And thoughts aren't worth much, I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

allowing/not allowing downloads is an ok option to have (is that option there?). But it's also something that's relatively easy to avoid. A watermark would at least require someone to open the photo up in photoshop and do some editing to remove it - assuming you just don't stick the mark in the corner and they can just crop it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need to watermark your files in your Adobe Creative Cloud storage, they are only accessible via your personal Adobe Account with your computer and mobile devices? The only way for someone to use your account is if you share your user name and password.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to make the album public - if i was going to use it to show any of my work, I'd prefer to have them watermarked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I support this! We need that for the adobe portfolio included in Lightroom plan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines