• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone successfully tethering a Canon R5 to LrC even with the updates installed?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded LrC to 9.4 and Camera Raw to 12.4 and when I try to tether my Canon R5, it never recognizes the camera.  Continuosly tells me 'no camera'.  If I use Canon Connect 3, the camera is recognized (only by the canon program).  Thus, cable and camera is fine, something going on between R5 and LrC.  If anyone has any suggestions or has successfully tethered, please advise.  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't read every comment in this thread. The initial discussion was regarding tethered support for the camera. There is no tethered support for ANY camera model in Lightroom (the cloud version). And Adobe does release updates frequently, about as frequently as it updates Lightroom Classic and Camera Raw. The raw files have been supported in the cloud version since version 3.4. The current version is 4.1. When a camera is listed for support, that does not imply support for tethered shooting. "IF" that support is added, it always is added later because the camera manufacturer must update its SDK in order for Adobe to add the support to Lightroom. You can't just point your finger at Adobe and blame them for everything. This takes a lot of coordination and reverse engineering in order to make it happen. I know it seems that Adobe is purposely picking on you because you want the feature. But it really is more than Adobe simply choosing whether or not to add the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As of version LrC 10.2 tethering the R5 is supposed to be supported. I can confirm that with the current version 11.1 cabled (USB c) tethering is working fine. Make sure you shut down EOS Utilities should the app open up on connecting the camera, as concurrent communication between Utilities and LrC is not possible. The transfer of a full raw picture takes about 2 to 3 seconds to appear on the LrC screen.

What I have not managed to do however is to use the wireless connection to tether. In fact, wireless seems to not work as expected. I would expect to be able to establish a connection between camera and my network (like attaching anything else to the WLAN). I would then expect to use this connection to tether to LrC. However, so far WLAN only seems to allow connections to FTP servers. Why? This is awkward. Why would I have to install and run a FTP server on my laptop first to then (perhaps) be able to transfer pictures to it. Doing that will certainly not give me a tethered LrC experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines