• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying local preset

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asm trying to appley a local preset (Milky Way pop to a night shot) but its just painting the image redd. How do I apply the preset?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are only seeing the 'red' mask overlay.

Press keyboard [O] to Hide/Show the overlay. Then without the overlay paint with the Brush Preset to see the result.

(It is a BRUSH preset you are using?- Not a 'global' Develop Preset?)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That removes the reed but the preset isn't applied. I might add this is the first time I have tried toi use a preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you obtain the preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a guy called Kamila Pekala. I've had a few emails back from him but now he's given up repling. The Global presets work fine.

https://kamilpekala.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the 'Local Adjustment' presets as advised by the suppliers instructions?

NOTE: You must copy the "CONTENTS" (.LRTEMPLATE files) only- NOT the Folder. There cannot be any sub-folders in the Local Adjustment Presets Folder.

2. Copy contents of "local adjustments for Adobe Lightroom" folder into:
[Windows]: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Local Adjustment Presets

Now when you open the masking panel and choose the Brush Tool- Are you choosing a Brush Preset from the Drop Down Menu?

2022-07-09 05_09_02-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Clicking the double arrow will reveal the Brush Presets from which you choose one. The Milky Way 7 Brush Presets should appear (a long way down below the defaults!) in a list like this-

2022-07-09 05_09_17-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Only then will you be 'brushing' with the Adjustments as defined in the Brush preset.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes installed as you have there.

Yes I choose a brush preset from the drop down menu. IK then have 2 concentric circles where my curser was, the brush and feather sizes.

My MW presets appear at the top as attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MW presets at the top-LEFT are Global presets that affect the whole image.

Your Brush panel is showing NO Preset selected. (On the Effect line.)

All the Brush slider settings are at 'zero' so a Brush will have no effect even if the brush circles are visible.

And uncheck the box below the brush sliders if you do not want the Brush adjustments reset each time you use the Brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The presets below the top 7 all show their effect by hovering my curser over tyhem whilst the 7 at the top don't. Kamil; Pekala told me this was because they are local presets applied with the brush/gradiewnt etc tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...because they are local presets..."

So try this-

1) In Lightroom-Classic Presets Panel [Right-Click] on one of the Presets (believed to be a Brush Preset) and choose [Show in Explorer]

2) The Preset file will be shown in a Windows File Explorer window. It must be of the file-type: ".LRTEMPLATE"

3) Copy this file into its correct folder- as shown earlier ie.

C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Local Adjustment Presets

4) Restart Lightroom-Classic.

5) Now check the Brush Effects drop-down menu for the Brush Preset.

6) If success now use File Explorer to Copy (or Move) all the 'Brush Presets' to their 'correct' folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are showing as xmp files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try importting lrtemplate files LrC says they are the wrong type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"They are showing as xmp files."

Then they are NOT the Brush Presets! Contact the supplier.

"LrC says they are the wrong type."  exactly to be expected if you 'Import' Brush Presets because they are NOT Develop Presets.

For .LRTEMPLATE" Brush Preset files- DON'T "Import !!!!

As I have stated before- For  '.LRTEMPLATE' BRUSH PRESETS-

3) Copy this file into its correct folder- as shown earlier ie.

C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Local Adjustment Presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clipboard01.jpg

They are in that folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your LrC Preferences>Presets tab, is the option to "Store presets with this catalog" checked or unchecked? If it is checked, then those .lrtemplate presets need to be copied into the Local Adjustment Presets sub-folder that you will find in a "Lightroom Settings" folder inside the folder that contains your current LrC catalog.

If it is unchecked, please post a screenshot of the drop-down list of presets that will appear when you click in the "Effect:" box near the top of the Brush panel in the Develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 I don't see store presets with this calalog

Clipboard01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Nothing happens when I click on effect.

Clipboard02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Nothing happens when I click on effect.

By @woldsweather

No, don't click on the word "Effect"....click in the adjacent box (showing "Custom" in your screenshot), which will show a dorp-down list of all available Local Adjustment Presets. We want to know if you see your "missing" presets in that list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See atatched screenshot

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the customs tab showing the presets. I'm still trying to find preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it - unchecked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the customs tab showing the presets. I'm still trying to find preferences.

By @woldsweather

And that shows that all the presets that you have been talking about are installed in the correct place and are available for you to use. You just have to apply them from that panel when using the brush and NOT from the main (global) presets panel on the left-hand side of the Develop module, as @Rob_Cullen explained much earlier in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK Finally working thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines