• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artifacts when importing RAW files

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have since some time a problem with the import of my RAW files. After the import these small stripes are displayed. On the original RAW file these errors are not visible. I store the files on an external SSD disk.

sven

[moved from bugs to discussions – Mod.]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

This looks like file corruption caused by failing hardware – could be camera card, card reader, hard drive or RAM.

What you refer to as "the original RAW file" is the jpg preview embedded in the raw file, which is usually not affected by corruption.

There is also a slight possibility that is a GPU problem. You can check this by going to Preferences > Performance, and setting Use graphics processor to Off. If this fixes the issue, you will have to work with the GPU off until an OS update instal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like file corruption caused by failing hardware – could be camera card, card reader, hard drive or RAM.

What you refer to as "the original RAW file" is the jpg preview embedded in the raw file, which is usually not affected by corruption.

There is also a slight possibility that is a GPU problem. You can check this by going to Preferences > Performance, and setting Use graphics processor to Off. If this fixes the issue, you will have to work with the GPU off until an OS update installs an updated graphics driver.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Per, I think it was the hard drive. With another hard drive, the artefacte do not appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines